Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Are control arms specific to the FE1, FE2 and FE3 suspension or do all control arms work with all models?
I can't really find anything cut and clear, but I do see some sites say for soft suspension.

I am not really able to find any FE3 lower control arm parts. They look the same, but I figured I would check to see if anyone has experience.

·
Super Moderator 2005 CTS-V
7,698 Posts
No difference. AFAIK even the V used the same control arms - there were some fancy GMPP arms with firmer bushings, but from the factory the V didn't have anything special.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No difference. AFAIK even the V used the same control arms - there were some fancy GMPP arms with firmer bushings, but from the factory the V didn't have anything special.
Thanks! I appreciate it. I figured I would check before assuming.
Had a cheap (ebay special) control arm go out on me the other day. Only made it a year lol! Surprisingly the ball joint pin / bolt separated from the control arm but the rubber bushing and pressed in piece remained in tact. Luckily was only going 5MPH at the time and it didn't damage anything or cause me to take a sharp turn. Hopefully my new higher quality Dorman control arms will do me good :)

Thanks again for your answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
ColtonCTS