Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys thing a '05 V w/ a maggie, corsa exhaust, lpe intake, eibach springs, Asanti 3 piece 20" wheels? It has 13k on the clock and is up to date on recalls. It also only has 1 k on the new diff and it was broken in properly, and the flhid was just changed.

I'm thinking of getting a Kleeman C55 AMG

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
YOUR MUCH BETTER OFF PARTING out the aftermarket parts. You will end up getting much more. Aftermarket parts add ZERO value to a car in most peoples minds. Your have a maggie so some will be willing to pay 1g or 2g's more. But if you were to brake it down you could probably get almost 5g's for all those aftermarket products. I understand some time would be involved. But it wont be like you just wasted 8g's modding the car, at least youll get some of that $$$ back. BUT IMHO sell the car stock, it will appeal to a larger crowd of possible buyers.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
If you are going to part it out BTW, I will buy your modded shocks and eibachs and give you my stock unmodded shocks (and springs if you need them) in exchange.

V

·
0 Posts
I traded in my C32 AMG on the V. The C55 is quite the car. Only draw backs are it is a smaller car and no manual trans.

Norm

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a C32 which i still miss. The 55 may only be available in auto but atleast I shouldn't have any drivetrain issues with the supercharger.

Aside from the Kleeman C55, I can't find a car I like in my price range. I'm looking to spend 55-63 and I need something with torque.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dump the aftermarket parts and sell them privately, otherwise you won't get anything for them besides losing around 10k on the car itself.

·
0 Posts
I just turned a heavily mod'd Corvette back to stock. Heads/cam/gears/intake/long tubes/catback/H.S. r.r./ CAI/t-body etc. Sold it all for over 6k and am now listing the car for sale. Selling the car as is before would have been a big $$$ loser, with assumption that it would sell.

·
Registered
753 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
Black Beast, if he decides to part it, as you can see, I already have dibs on the shocks/springs.

Dibs? :histeric:

Does that trump the free-market theory? Who knew?:bigroll:

It would appear that blackonblackonblack has very limited options for parting out his vehicle. :histeric:

·
Registered
261 Posts
V-Max said:
I traded in my C32 AMG on the V. The C55 is quite the car. Only draw backs are it is a smaller car and no manual trans.

Norm
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'd love to know what your's (and b-o-b-o-b's) impressions are of the V vs. the C32. Highway thrust, 0-60, handling, ride, solidity, sophistication, quality, etc...... Is it a true "rip yer balls off" sedan like the V? (I love that expression). :lildevil:

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
blackonblackonblack said:
What do you guys thing a '05 V w/ a maggie, corsa exhaust, lpe intake, eibach springs, Asanti 3 piece 20" wheels? It has 13k on the clock and is up to date on recalls. It also only has 1 k on the new diff and it was broken in properly, and the flhid was just changed.

I will pay you absolute top dollar for the Maggie Supercharger if you are prepared to sell it ASAP. You may PM me with your selling price and funds can be paid via paypal within 24 hours.

·
Registered
none
302 Posts
blackonblackonblack said:

email me your asking price for the complete package...car + mods

[email protected]

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
IMO, one of the nicest, best prepared V's in this forum. Now it might go for sale. :(

What is going on? Is it an epidemic or something? I'm on my way to finishing my V. It's going to look similar to blackonblackonblack's V. Although my wheels are different. Now I'm having second thoughts about the car. Am I or we sick?

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2008 BMW M3
84 Posts
If you do decide to part it out I am interested in the wheels. I'd just have to see a pic.

Tried to PM you but site wouldn't let me......I'm new

1 - 18 of 18 Posts