Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't stand having the V in for service every f'ing week. I love the car, but hate its issues (I think everyone can agree with me on this). Its really too bad that Cadillac managed to f up such a good thing. I think I'll just get an Escalade until I can afford to add a 997 Turbo to my garage for "sprited" driving ;)

Up for sale possibly in the next month, maybe early January. Sad to let it go, but I just have to. It will be nice to drive a RELIABLE car for once. This forum has been great and without it I would have absolutely hate the V's issues. With your help I have been able to assist my dealer in trying to know what to do! Ridiculous...

·
Registered
224 Posts
I feel your pain....i would do the same exact thing except that i would be upside down so much on the car it wouldn' t be worth getting rid of.
Never knew it would depreciate over 10k as soon as it rolled off the lot!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid cash and bought it used for a great deal so I shouldn't lose too much; main reason I'm considering selling it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I can't tell you how many people asked me why I didn't get an Escalade when I bought my V. My first instinct was to reply "Are you f'ing kidding me."

When I saw the title for this thread, the same thought came to mind, but after reading your sig it makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I'm contemplating selling my cell phone for some Cool-Whip. That cell phone is so annoying.....it RINGS all the time with those damn customized ring tones. The Cool Whip will be much quieter.

(sorry I couldn't resist. Urb: bunny time)

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Barak said:
I can't tell you how many people asked me why I didn't get an Escalade when I bought my V. My first instinct was to reply "Are you f'ing kidding me."
:yeah:

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
1,227 Posts
Barak said:
That would be my response. If you want a full size SUV, why not buy a Tahoe and keep the V?

·
Registered
753 Posts
6104696 said:
I'm contemplating selling my cell phone for some Cool-Whip. That cell phone is so annoying.....it RINGS all the time with those damn customized ring tones. The Cool Whip will be much quieter.

Plus, you can use Cool Whip in a crowded restaurant without people giving you the stink eye.:yup:

CR

·
Registered
438 Posts
yeah, that's what I think every time I go out to get in the V. Hey, I wish I had an Escalade instead!

Wtf are you smoking?

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
6104696 said:

Why is Urb associated with the bunny?

·
Registered
04CTSVsc
854 Posts
StealthV said:
Why is Urb associated with the bunny?
Bunnies to extinguish the flames that are almost certain to ignite in threads like this....kitties too...and if I remember correctly, giraffe butts, right Urb?

Mmmmmm....Coolwhip

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had an Escalade as a daily driver 3 years ago. Couldn't stand commuting in it. It is too big and slow. I gave it to my wife and got a BMW X5 after only about 2 weeks. 3 years later, her lease ran out and we got the extended size Escalade (bought this one - 0% interest - easy decision). The X5 was a great car in every way, except when its lease ran out, the dealer was a ***** and didn't want to let me drive a 645 or a X5 4.8. So, I went back to the caddy place and bought the V.

DOn't know what kind of issues you're having, but I can tell you the Escalade is a great family truckster or haul wagon. It bites to commute in though. Nothing like a little power shifting in the V to wake up your fellow commuters!

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have to get rid of my V due to health issues. I thought about an Escalade briefly until I remembered how much negative equity I have in the V. I bought an Envoy Denali instead. I'm going to watch Cadillac over the next few years to see if they improve in some areas before I consider another Cadillac. The Escalade is a little to big for me anyways and every time my 11 year old daughter sees one she says "Gee, I wonder where he stole that from".

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Barak said:
When I saw the title for this thread, the same thought came to mind, but after reading your sig it makes perfect sense.
What exactly do you mean by this? The ONLY reason I am thinking of replacing the V is due to the constant barrage of issues this car has. Believe me, this has been the best car I have ever driven (and I was a valet at a country club years ago driving all sorts of sports cars and luxury cars). Its fast, sexy, and handles extremely well, but when its at the dealer its hard for these attributes to shine through. If your V was having the problems mine keeps having you would certainly think twice about keeping this as a daily driver. It infuriates me, but there is not shit I can do about it.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I think alot of the problems most people experience with the CTS-V tend to be isolated to that car. Escalades and all the GMT800 vehicles are relatively trouble-free workhorses.

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
V to Escalade?

F16 to a School bus.

Maybe you could put some 25" wheels on it. :green:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts