Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received CR's 2015 Annual Auto Issue and was amazed at their cynical review of 2103, 2014 XTS yet CTS received somewhat favorable reviews. I would imagine a lot of components on CTS and XTS are the same.This puzzles me, and once again they bash CUE yet the Cue System on Chevrolet Impala gets a good review. I'm wondering if CUE on Chevy and Cadillac are one in the same. My 2013 XTS CUE is difficult and I am hoping that Cadillac will create an upgrade soon. Does anyone have any info on an impending CUE upgrade??

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts
Chevrolet uses "Mylink" and I believe they are quite different (just according to what I've read); also, the XTS and CTS are quite different (as well), as one is FWD and the other RWD (based; both can be had with AWD) but the architecture is quite different. It has also been reported that the 'newer' Cue (system) is better but still needs some work; next gen may be what everyone was looking for (in the first place).

·
Registered
CT6 Platinum White Tri-coat with Super Cruise
647 Posts
CR is a left-wing progressive publication. Beware of those that bring bad (unfavorable) news. I sometimes read it but take what they report with a grain (actually, a whole bag) of salt. Flame on. :flame:

·
Registered
CTS
80 Posts
My Nav is the best I've ever had. All you do is press voice and tell it where you want to go. Doesn't get any easier than that.

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
889 Posts
CR is a left-wing progressive publication. Beware of those that bring bad (unfavorable) news. I sometimes read it but take what they report with a grain (actually, a whole bag) of salt. Flame on. :flame:
Yes. But it looks like they really only disliked CUE and reliability (maybe the two are related....). So CR is only falling in line with every automotive magazine I've read (Motor Trend, Car and Driver, Automobile). They've all panned the CUE experiment, er, experience. I"ve done touch screens, beginning with the 1987 Riviera, and they're interesting electronic gizmos that do very little to improve things, other than to clean up the look of the dash.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use my Waze app, in car navigation cannot keep up. I also dumped the satellite radio in favor of streaming over my phone. They need to just partner with Apple or Google and have them design the software.

·
Registered
2020 XT6 Premium Luxury AWD - Horizon Red/Jet Black
268 Posts
Improvements have been made to CUE. Don't really have any issues with the one in my 2015.

·
Registered
none...yet
370 Posts
I used to subscribe to CR decades ago...but after consistently favoring their pet brands (Auto, electronics, etc) and consistently finding their claims highly undependable & VERY biased, I dropped them like a hot rock. I wouldn't even use CR in the outhouse....YMMV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have any complaints about CUE. I have read many of the reviews but the complaints sound to me like just that... "Complaints." It's a car, not a desktop or smartphone, after all. My CUE does just what it's designed to do! I'm enjoying everything about my 2013 XTS!

·
Registered
2013 XTS-4 Premium
185 Posts
After a year I still can't get the hang of it - can't even get the GPS to do what I want while driving. Too damn unpredictable unless you stop and work it!!

·
Registered
XTS4 Luxury
96 Posts
CUE is fine when it does what I ask it to do. I am tired of the frequent lock ups and a few of the settings that do not do anything. Using it is no problem.

·
Registered
'14 XTS Vsport Platinum BDT and Black/Wheat
57 Posts
If you notice CR gives the XTS great overall scores, but is not recommended due to poor reviews by owners, who are still, for the most part, senior citizens, who are not as tech savvy versus the younger owners of the Impala and LaCrosse. As a result the XTS is doomed to forever be a bad car to buy, new or used.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Not to change the topic but you have a great point there... I've yet to see another XTS driver in their 30s/40s. All over 60:/ (except for this forum)

·
Registered
'14 XTS Vsport Platinum BDT and Black/Wheat
57 Posts
Not to change the topic but you have a great point there... I've yet to see another XTS driver in their 30s/40s. All over 60:/ (except for this forum)
Cadillac's plan is to make lifetime Cadillac buyers by have them going thru the different models from A to X, so most buyers of new XTS' will have to be in their 50s or 60s to be able to afford a new XTS. Most XTS buyers pull down at least 6 figures a year, which is Cadillac's target group. That goes for all the other luxury brands. The ultra lux brands target buyers making $200K and up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think younger people are starting to look at the XTS. I'm in my early thirties, needed a sedan that has style, but space for a growing family. Looked at BMW just didn't care for it. Almost got a Jaguar but got scared of the perceived quality issues. I think the XTS is priced just right to sway younger people (who could afford it) away from other brands (not in droves) to Cadillac. The ATS and CTS are just to small, in my opinion, but the XTS was just the right size.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just picked up a new 2014 XTS platinum 2 weeks ago. I'm 44 and wanted to drive a large sedan for my 60 mile daily commute. Needed a comfortable car for client lunches and something different. Came from the Acura RLX Advanced trip and never looked back. The technology is far superior to Acura's and my drive home in traffic is a dream with the active cruise control. Cadillac's implementation is far better and doesn't scare you half to death every time you engage it in traffic. I was very disappointed with the RLX. Last time I drove a Cadillac was a 2006 cts. Since then I went to BMW, Acura , and now back to Cadillac. I love the new look of the CTS but wanted a larger and quieter ride. With 3 kids running around my house I feel young but want a smooth comfortable ride. Why do I need to be crammed in a small loud car like some of my peers? I think the demographics are changing and the technology is leading that change. On a side note, other than being a title more responsive, I love the CUE system. Seriously - hated both BMW and Acura's latest infotainment systems.

When I started looking, Audi' and Mercedes are everywhere and the Lexus doesn't do it for me. I think Cadillac is moving in the right direction. Even their bizarre commercials are gaining attention of the younger crowd 35-45 who want something different and want to buy AMERICAN. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts