Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'99 De Ville, '05 CTS-V
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Most of the worst sedans in our rankings came from Europe, including several expensive luxury models such as the Audi A8, BMW 7 Series, Jaguar S-Type, and the Mercedes-Benz E- and S-Class. The rest of the bottom-rated small cars and sedans were from domestic manufacturers and included the Chevrolet Cobalt, the V8-powered Chrysler 300C, and the Lincoln LS."

For all the bit*hing I see on this forum, our V's seem to have avoided this list . This is a good thing, I guess.

·
Registered
305 Posts
How'bout that...I was just about to say Consumer Reports has never, not even once, liked a car that I've liked. Soft benefits like a car being cool as hell don't count with them. But, then I see we didn't do too bad - so maybe they aren't so bad....naah, if they had their way we'd all be driving Corrolas.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,975 Posts
They actually commented on the V in a previous issue and said some reasonably decent things about it (I can't recall exactly when ... maybe 8-12 mos ago?). They didn't like the placement of the seat belts in the front seats however; but of course, in just one example of what I would call "their bias", they wouldn't say anything negative about the Honda CRV's shifter being in an odd position when they drove it!:hmm: (It's on the dashboard sorta like a handle on a paper towel dispenser in a restroom. I got used to the V's seat belts in about 15 minutes ... don't think I'd EVER get used to yankin' on that Honda shifter.)

I agree wholeheartedly, that Consumers' Reports dislikes American cars, and I firmly believe they are indeed biased against American businesses in general.:annoyed:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts