Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury Crystal White
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys and Gals, question for those of you that have a 2017 XT5. Does your console have a spring that keeps the lid open, or does it just kind of fall down unless your arm is holding it? I don’t want to take it to the dealer if it’s functioning properly but nothing holds mine Open. If you could let me know that would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 XT5, AWD Platinum, Garnet Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
2,043 Posts
The console lid on my 2017 Platinum will stay open with enough hinge friction to keep it from falling. If I push it forward from the vertical position, it will slowly close until it is at about 10:00 at which point it must be pushed shut. The hinge is not binding, but quite smooth.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury Crystal White
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder what’s up 2 platinum 1 up 1 down. I looked up the part and it shows a spring. I have a 2020 loaner (although many changes have been made) but it stays up. I feel like I’m constantly fighting for looking for things lol. I wonder if I bring it to their attention. Very interesting !

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Platinum (Black)
49 Posts
2017 Platinum here, and mine has no spring action and doesn't stay up at all when opened. Kind of irritating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts