Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm considering selling my 1984 SDV for about 2800 ive had her for about 5yrs now and I'm the 2nd owner, it was my first car and first cadillac, in soo many ways I don't want to sell her but I rarely drive it, and I have a few debts I could pay off and I would use the rest to buy myself a set of 06 DTS 18" 9 spoke rims for my 03 seville, its a really tough choice for me, this may sound kinda weird but if I were to sell her I would only sell it to someone whom I thought would take good care of it and not trash it out, anyways I just figured I'd post here as I rarely do and could use some fellow rwd caddy owners opinions

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
i was considering the same thing with my 87 brougham last year...but now after having it in storage all winter I know I could never part with it!

post some pics and stuff. :)

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
You can kill two birds with one stone by selling the Seville; settle them debts and not have to buy 9 spoke rims.

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
^ Haha...too true. but he probably wants the seville for fuel economy or something?

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I need to seville for practical traveling and trips, plus the seville is worth about 9k and I still owe on my loan lol which I have no problems there, I think if I do sell it later on in life I will search the whole United States for immaculate late 80's Fleetwood Broughm coupe, whatever the last year made is I wanna say 89 before they went to the Euro style, and I have some pics posted along with my seville in the seville/eldorado section "Official picture thread" page 2 I believe

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,391 Posts
immaculate late 80's Fleetwood Broughm coupe, whatever the last year made is I wanna say 89
85 is the last year for the RWD FWB coupe. 84 is the last year for the RWD Coupe DeVille.

+1 sell the Seville.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol yea I know my 84 is the last rwd deville, I probably won't sell it, its funny though if were to post this in the seville forum they would say sell the deville, and here you say sell the seville lol but I like um both, the 84 has just too many memories I would definitly cry if I were to sell it

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,750 Posts
Keep 'em both. You have the last years of two very cool cars.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,750 Posts
The fixes are the almost identical. You're still basically pulling and reinstalling an engine.

·
Registered
19,750 Posts
Heh. I suppose. Still a nice car.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the STS as much if not more than the 84 sdv I'm just a cadillac nut the 03 is my 4th caddy, and as for problems go I've never had any major engine issues with either my 4100 or the northstar and the HT4100 is original with 130k on it and still purrs like a kitten

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
ditch the STS. its blends in where the SDV stands out in the crowd. not to mention the northstar issues (junkyard here has a ton of mid 90's caddies with blown engines.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts