Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
2023 CT5-V RWD / 2020 XT6 Sport / 2024 Lyriq AWD (reserved)
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've driven a few and have been surprised and impressed by how well the Sport versions drive. This is a handsome, spacious, comfortable, and sure-footed vehicle. Frankly, I don't need all the passenger space but see the advantages of it for cycling, skiing, and cargo. Heck, even golf.

What puzzles me about this vehicle is - given when it was introduced - that the seat massage feature is not available. It is offered on even the XT4 and available on the Buick Enclave. Not a deal killer as this vehicle is meant to bridge me until the Lyriq arrives but it does seem as if Cadillac hasn't devoted enough thought to this vehicle.

Regardless, I love many of the other features and characteristics of this car and think that its Escala-esque front end is killer and the rest of the exterior is pretty nice as well.

Anything I should watch for? Should I avoid this model and look elsewhere or should I embrace it and join this club?

· Registered
'21 XT5 Prem-Lux w/ Platinum
1,655 Posts
It was one day, relax, not everyone is on during a weekend, especially a long weekend.

My understanding is the early XT6 suffer from a backup camera failure issue. I believe it was a harness issue, but some report still not fixed. I'd do some reading thru the forum.

Max

· Premium Member
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was one day, relax, not everyone is on during a weekend, especially a long weekend.

My understanding is the early XT6 suffer from a backup camera failure issue. I believe it was a harness issue, but some report still not fixed. I'd do some reading thru the forum.

Max
Thanks - very helpful. I am wary of the rear back-up screen issue but it seems like there's a fix. Another solid reason for checking out any car in person before signing a sales contract.

FWIW, I'm pretty chill. This is a pretty dead forum compared with the CTS, CT5-V, and Lyriq threads where I hang out so I didn't expect to be inundated with replies. After all, the tenth most recent thread here last saw action a month ago - that's unheard of for most threads for current Cadillac models and is testament to the fact that this is not a vehicle that attracts gearheads or enthusiasts. Still, I found the rear camera issue thread to be informative and helpful.

Do you like your XT5?

· Registered
'21 XT5 Prem-Lux w/ Platinum
1,655 Posts
Thanks - very helpful. I am wary of the rear back-up screen issue but it seems like there's a fix. Another solid reason for checking out any car in person before signing a sales contract.

FWIW, I'm pretty chill. This is a pretty dead forum compared with the CTS, CT5-V, and Lyriq threads where I hang out so I didn't expect to be inundated with replies. After all, the tenth most recent thread here last saw action a month ago - that's unheard of for most threads for current Cadillac models and is testament to the fact that this is not a vehicle that attracts gearheads or enthusiasts. Still, I found the rear camera issue thread to be informative and helpful.

Do you like your XT5?
Love it. Had a 2014 SRX previously, loved it too.

Max

· Premium Member
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love it. Had a 2014 SRX previously, loved it too.

Max
I had two first gen SRXes - an '04 with the V8 and a (far superior) '08 with the V6. We loved them both. The '08 had far fewer problems although even the '04 was pretty good. I have a reservation for a Lyriq and this next car is meant to bridge me until that one is built (probably in 2024).

· Premium Member
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have a 2023 XT6 Sport and have almost 5K miles on it. So far no complaints at all.
I'm buying used and the weird thing up here in this market is that year-for-year and mileage-for-mileage, the XT6 and the XT5 are priced about the same in the used market but you find more XT6s with ventilated seats and options like HUD and they're priced pretty much where less equipped XT5s are. I like the XT6 Sport's ride and prefer it over the XT5's or even the Audi Q5's or Q7's. I find that there are fewer cheap bits in the Audi models' interiors but they still have them and those cars are going for $5k more. We already have a Q5 and I'm not bowled over by Audi quality. BMW or MB rivals are ridiculously more expensive to buy and maintain but they are nicer mechanically and in the interiors.

I love the looks and ride of the XT6 Sport and the rest of the equation for me is space, comfort, and budget.

· Premium Member
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pulled the trigger yesterday. I should have it on Wednesday. Just in time for winter up in these here parts.

2020 XT6 Sport, black on black with tech and driver's packages. Low mileage and lots of warranty left.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts