Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'70 Eldorado 2001 ESC
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am asking for ideas. My only decision so far is to locate the power receptacle at the fuel door on the deck lid. Other than that I'm wide open. General layout, one motor, two motors or four motors? Sources and references? Budget build to unlimited folly, all are welcome. Thanks for your consideration.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,153 Posts
Sorry, I don't have suggestions for you but I do have one question: Why?

·
Registered
96 FWB
884 Posts
I've seen one or two conversions of old cars (an '80's Jag?), but they seemed like hobby efforts with no practical expectation as a driver. Seems like a poor return on such an old big and heavy car. And notice I didn't mention a waste of a 1/2-century old Eldo. Why not experiment with a smaller lighter car first, if at all. Add some background, and share what you've researched already on your own eh.

·
Registered
'70 Eldorado 2001 ESC
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just went through a very expensive rebuild and it went bad in one second. The engine block is compromised due to a broken lifter and who knows what else. I'm starting over and going in another direction or junking the car.

·
Registered
96 FWB
884 Posts
OK. But from just an outsider's take, the one thing not to do after "a very expensive rebuild" is to do "a very expensive conversion". The first thing that's ever come to mind when I broke a lifter was not to junk the block, so what's convinced you it's automatically a total do-over? Just curious. If the car's in good shape otherwise, it's a shame to junk it just 'cause the motor broke.

Reactions: Byrdman
1 - 5 of 5 Posts