Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Concours / 88 Broughm D'el / 76 Coupe D'el
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody...:skeptical: I see a pretty decent Concours for sale near me with 135K miles on it. It looks good in pictures. The owner says he's a master mechanic. I have a 95, which I bought new in 95, so I'm familiar with how these cars should look when they have been well taken care of:hitit2:, and some of the problems they have. My question though is. Can I use that 96 as a parts car for my 95? I mean I know the engines, although both Northstars, are different. Are the body panels truly the same dimensions? Are the electronic connections on the active struts the same? Do they use pretty much the same parts even though the engines are different?:noidea: Years ago a tree limb fell on my hood. :duh:The repair job was so good, that you can still barely tell there was any damage. But I would like to get a new hood and this one is the same color. I also need a new air compressor and rear struts. I was about to buy some out of the junk yard. But I could put that money toward buying this whole car, get the hood and every other little knick knack I need, like the hazzard light switch, top of the arm rest, driver's side mirror (which is now red tinted with fluid) and countless other pieces as time goes by. Plus use it as a daily driver with front wheel drive so it'll be good in the snow. So will it work? Can I use a 96 for a 95 parts car? :yup:Mostly? :suspense:At all? :tisk:Not at all? Thank you :bows: Classic L

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
There were many changes made to the electronics in '96.

I wouldn't worry about the shocks/struts, as in a car that old, they're worn anyway.

Body panels are the same, interior parts, many mechanical parts as well.

·
Registered
95 Concours / 88 Broughm D'el / 76 Coupe D'el
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were many changes made to the electronics in '96.

I wouldn't worry about the shocks/struts, as in a car that old, they're worn anyway.

Body panels are the same, interior parts, many mechanical parts as well.
Okay, I see.. Thank you, neighbor(well sort of).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts