Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
None
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering a 2007 STS-V with 57k on it. I'm looking for advice on the reliability of these cars and how much i should pay for this year and mileage range??? Pesky Problems like squeaks and rattles???? tire wear problems??? any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium
1,182 Posts
Im considering a 2007 STS-V with 57k on it. I'm looking for advice on the reliability of these cars and how much i should pay for this year and mileage range??? Pesky Problems like squeaks and rattles???? tire wear problems??? any help would be greatly appreciated...
If you're up over 50k miles, make sure you can get a good bumper to bumper warranty...especially if you are one of those people who is driven CRAZY by squeaks and rattles. The driveline is very reliable, unless you really mod the car and go to the dragstrip with it, in which case you will be replacing the rear at least once. The recurring problems in this car are the little tech gadgets moreso than classic issues. The passenger seat will get squeaky, the steering column will make a weird noise after awhile, and the car may or may not develop the mysterious dash rattle. My car has had all three, however it doesn't bother me in the least...the squeaky seat was fixed in 5 minutes by me and some lithium grease, the steering column noise is so quiet that it can only be heard under 5mph with the windows up and stereo off, and even then it only occurs maybe 1 out of 5 instances, and the dash rattle is the same in my car...can only be heard with the stereo off and windows up while decelerating in a hard fast turn. My car is out of warranty, but even if it were in, I would not waste the gas to drive it to the dealer and make them tear it apart (probably causing more rattles in the future) to try to fix these very very minor annoyances.

Does the car have stock runflats (Pirelli Euforia)? If so, I recommend including a new set of tires and an alignment in your budget for this car. The factory $500/piece runflats really ruin the car, and they are known to last about 10k miles (even less for the fronts) on this car because of the insane front suspension factory camber settings on the car. If you search the forum, you can find a "fixed" alignment spec sheet that will get rid of the terrible front inner tire wear. There are several other great tires out there (Hankook Ventus V12 are probably the best Max effort tire, and Continental DWS are probably the best general use tire) for this car, and most of them are alot cheaper than the Euforias.

Oh and you may want to consider finding a good tuning shop, because a good dyno tune even with NO mods on this car will yield you more power AND better fuel mileage, well worth the cost. Wait4me offers mail order tunes that are very good, and cheaper than a full dyno tune.

·
Registered
2013 OBM CTS-V Coupe
2,664 Posts
That is reasonable. +1 on the warranty. I lucked out on mine and is was a Ceritifed Cadillac Pre-Owned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts