Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V 6.2
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original purchase has been delayed due to some rear end being replaced in the CTS-V (thread below)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-general-discussion-forum/692073-opinions-needed-cadillac-purchase-2-days.html

Now I am wondering if I should just get a more practical ATS. The dealership near me has a decent selection and a couple of 2014's. What are the differences between the 2014 and 2015 ATS 2.0t?

I am looking at this 2015
http://www.scrantonmotors.com/VehicleDetails/new-2015-Cadillac-ATS_Sedan-2.0L_I4_AWD_Luxury-Vernon-CT/2346678443

and this 2014
http://www.scrantonmotors.com/VehicleDetails/new-2014-Cadillac-ATS-2.0L_I4_AWD_Luxury-Vernon-CT/2226632283

thanks,

shane

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 MT
70 Posts
Re: One More ATS Purchase Question

For me, the '14s have a beautiful/aggressive front end which I personally think was watered down on the '15s, including the new crest.

Anthony

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V 6.2
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Is there a noticeable difference in power due to the torque increase?

shane
For me, the '14s have a beautiful/aggressive front end which I personally think was watered down on the '15s, including the new crest.

Anthony

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 MT
70 Posts

I've never compared the two, but I believe a few members had the opportunity - check out the threads in the General section.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,511 Posts

If the specs are the same (I didn't check), I wouldn't pay $6500 more to get the 15. Other small changes don't make enough difference to me to matter.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts

If the specs are the same (I didn't check), I wouldn't pay $6500 more to get the 15. Other small changes don't make enough difference to me to matter.

The 15 will depreciate the $6500 in just a few months.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts

Agree with David and GJB on getting the 2014 if you go with an ATS.

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
dont forget to consider that the engine vibration appears to be fixed for 15 model from factory. Also, if u live in hot climate. u should wait til its hot to test drive the car, crank up ac from cold start to verify that the moldy AC is also fixed for 15. otherwise, u shall be very frustrated ...oh, and did I mention that the moldy AC still has not been fixed from 13 to 14 til now?

----------

plus, keep in mind the current higher rate of piston failure on the 2.0 engine. just sayin

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,541 Posts

Hey shane, where do you live? That's where I got my ATS. My family has bought from them since I was a kid. Good dealer right there. I grew up in Rockville and Vernon now live in Eastwindsor. That's weird I looked at this and see Scranton. Not many people on here from my area. and we are close to the same age.

I would get the 14.
My original purchase has been delayed due to some rear end being replaced in the CTS-V (thread below)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-general-discussion-forum/692073-opinions-needed-cadillac-purchase-2-days.html

Now I am wondering if I should just get a more practical ATS. The dealership near me has a decent selection and a couple of 2014's. What are the differences between the 2014 and 2015 ATS 2.0t?

I am looking at this 2015
http://www.scrantonmotors.com/VehicleDetails/new-2015-Cadillac-ATS_Sedan-2.0L_I4_AWD_Luxury-Vernon-CT/2346678443

and this 2014
http://www.scrantonmotors.com/VehicleDetails/new-2014-Cadillac-ATS-2.0L_I4_AWD_Luxury-Vernon-CT/2226632283

thanks,

shane

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V 6.2
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I am in Vernon. I have dealt with them since I was 15. Bought my first car there. Great to deal with.

Chris

Hey shane, where do you live? That's where I got my ATS. My family has bought from them since I was a kid. Good dealer right there. I grew up in Rockville and Vernon now live in Eastwindsor. That's weird I looked at this and see Scranton. Not many people on here from my area. and we are close to the same age.

I would get the 14.

·
Registered
NONE
58 Posts

It depends on your budget. You can get a 14 for several thousand cheaper than a 15. That being said, the 15 is faster and smoother.

I was on the top end of my budget when I bought my 14 but if I could have, I would have bought a 15 without question.

·
Registered
2008 CTS
70 Posts
Buying 13-14 Ats need advice

So im looking into an ATS!, i recently had a coupe 2011 sold it, and now i want a more soft ride, do all Ats come with magnetic ride suspension? If not how may i know if an Ats has it? Im currently looking at a performance package with fog lights remote start, 2.0T. Should i look for a 3.6? Is there much difference? Is the 13 same as the 14? Any big issues with any of the 2? Please give me any advice helps and i will be more than thankful! My main priority is a soft and nice ride!, with no vibrations. Thanks for any comments

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,681 Posts
Re: Buying 13-14 Ats need advice

Make sure you drive one on your roads. I'm not sure any ATS will ride softer than what you had before (CTS Coupe?)

MRC is only on RWD premiums.

C

·
0 Posts

Yeh even with 17" wheels the ATS is still a lot firmer than the CTS sedan and coupe. With what you are looking for the 17's would be more favorable though compared to the 18's.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts

And the Premium RWD that does come with MRC comes with 18" so you would have to swap them out if you were looking for the softest ride the ATS can offer which as the others have stated is not soft.

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts

MRC, Non-run flat 17 inch wheel. This combo should give the softest ride. Many attribute firm ride of ATS to run flat tires too. There are people who have non-run flat tires, they will chime in to give you their experience.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,768 Posts

I have a 2014 RWD premium with MRC and I had a 2008 CTS previously. This winter I used 17" non-run flat tires and although there is a difference it wasn't huge. The ATS is lighter and "sprung tighter" than the CTS so it isn't going to have as smooth a ride but it is much more agile. As a note, I bought my 2008 CTS during the first year of the new version and the styling attracted a number of traditional Cadillac buyers who were very unhappy with the less cushy ride. I can only imagine the unhappiness if one of them found their way to a ATS :)

My dealer uses SRX models for warranty loaners and those have a softer feel but are certainly not as sure footed in a turn as the ATS. AS Hoosier stated, make sure you drive one and are happy with it because it will have a very different feel from the CTS. I like the overall handling better but many won't.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,511 Posts

I have a 2013 RWD Premium with MRC and runflats. This Winter I used 17" non run flat tires and found the ride far better than the 18" run flats. I will soon be putting new 18" non run flats (probably this weekend) on the front when I go back to my Summer wheels and tires.

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
oh , I c. did not know that premium comes equipped with 18".

GJB said:
And the Premium RWD that does come with MRC comes with 18" so you would have to swap them out if you were looking for the softest rite the ATS can offer which as the others have stated is not soft.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,541 Posts

You went to Rockville? I'm almost your age I have to know you. Daryl Uneless. You know people like Steve and Howard Johnson, Brian and Keith Arnold, Sean Perry, Jason Brinkley. Jesse Uneless my brother I lost in his Sr Year on Sr skip day. PM me if you like this is interesting for sure.
I am in Vernon. I have dealt with them since I was 15. Bought my first car there. Great to deal with.

Chris

1 - 20 of 99 Posts