Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 2.8L
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hope you have a moment to read this and can give me some advice. I have a 2007 CTS 2.8, about 113k on the engine. Last repair was coil packs on the 1-3-5 bank about 30k miles ago.

This seems like an odd question, but this morning, my check engine light came on while I was driving- noticed a tiny bit of hesitation on acceleration but nothing major. Hit the OnStar button for a diagnostic, and- could it be related?- The OnStar indicator light on the right of the rearview mirror was flashing red. As a result, OnStar couldn't give me a diagnosis as to what was up. I was headed to work, and had to stop for gas- again, no indication that anything major was wrong- but when I restarted the car, the car was rough to start and took a couple of tries before it did. The idle smoothed out to normal, and I drove off without any problem, smooth as normal. Drove about 15 minutes more to work with no problems. The car is now sitting in the parking lot and I'm dreading what might be next. So, is there any chance that the failure of the OnStar to diagnose what might be wrong is related, and if it's just coincidence, any idea what might be happening under my hood?

·
Registered
2004 CTS luxury package
300 Posts
Disconnect the OnStar module completely and see how it runs then. The car should run perfectly with the module fully disconnected.

It should be found behind the right side trunk carpeting. Pull out the right side panel and disconnect all the plugs from the module you find behind it.

If the problem persists, it's not any fault of the OnStar module.

My OnStar module is completely disconnected simply because it's the older analog version and the analog cell system that it works off of no longer exists.
It's a complete waste of energy to even have it plugged in. It can't do anything but be a potential source of trouble in this case, so why leave it in?
(My car is a 2004, BTW. So the module should at least be in the same location.)

How to tell if your OnStar module is modern? (Digital) Easy. Hit the button. If you get a connection, it's digital.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 2.8L
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just as a followup, took the car into the dealer- the purge valve solenoid was stuck in the open position and was replaced. The OnStar module is toast, but I'll have to wait for my next paycheck for that issue.

After getting the car back today, I'll have to take it back- having a little hesitation and light pinging on acceleration. I'll never understand how dealerships can say your car is ready without road testing it first. On the plus side, I've been driving a loaded 2013 SRX loaner for a few days. Sweet ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts