Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to hook up my amplifier to the stock stereo to add a subwoofer box in the trunk. What type of converter do I use to connect the RCA’s for the amp? What color are the wires for the rear subwoofer? How do you connect the remote wire for the amp to the stock stereo? Anyone who has done this, please help and provided details (pics are even better if you have them). I tried searching past forums but have been unable to find my answers. Thanks :confused:

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
If you haven't already purchased the amp, try an MTX amp with speaker level inputs and the auto-on feature. Makes the install a snap. Pull the power from the fuze panel under the rear seat, ground it, and splice into the stock subs leads for signal and you're done. Nice tidy, no hassle, simple amplification for a sub. I'm using an older model 301, IIRC (maybe 3 years old).

WW

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V (Blk, 6spd, Recaros), 2007 Cadillac CTS-V (sold)
717 Posts
what about remote turn on?
for the remote turn on, do as Heavy has said above... if you purchase an amp w/o line level inputs, simply get an RCA converter (~$30) which will take those 4 inputs (R+, R-, L+, L-) and convert them to RCA to connect to your amp. be sure to ground it properly before doing anything... enjoy

also... buy a pack of "in-line-splices" which make for very easy connections... no cutting etc,,, jus put the two wires next to each other and squeeze em with pliers and snap closed... voila

1 - 6 of 6 Posts