Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 V Coupe and can't connect the IPHONE 5s to the system with the factory supplied conector . Does Apple or someone else sell one that works ? Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
45 Posts
you have the adapter that connects into your ipod/iphone and then you have they USB and Aux plugs both connected? You try swapping over to the USB/Aux section in the entertainment system?
Also try opening up the music app and playing a song. I know I've had issues where it's connected by won't "recognize" it unless you manually play a song via the iphone.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
I have a 2009 and my 5S works fine.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the GM supplied large connector that only fits Ipods and old IPHONES. The 5s has a mini connector , which doesn't interface . Thats why I asked about other connectors. Thanks. Jeff

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
The smaller connector is called a "Lightning" connector. No clue if GM offers a Lightning cable, but you can get 30 pin to Lightning connector adapters.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I should have " known " that would be the solution but glad to know it works and is available. Jeff

·
Registered
2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"
1,290 Posts
Yeah it's kind of kludgy to have both the GM adapter and then the Apple Lightning adapter, but I can verify it does work.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought one last night , it works . I wish it would do more than play music ( use maps , video , etc ) , oh well. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts