Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the other day when checking my clutch fluid that not only is it a little low (I just got a certified 05 with 23K miles), but the fluid is gelling around the sides of the reservoir. I've never seen this before, but I won't worry if it's normal. Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet
835 Posts
Mine was like that when I first bought it...just had the system flushed...never came back
Mine too. I didn't get to flushing it but I did remove the fluid and cleaned out the reservoir and replaced it with fluid from a newly opened bottle a few times. I haven't see the 'gel' again since. It is wierd as I haven't seen this before in other vehicles.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
They use petroleum jelly from the factory to assemble parts that contain orings. Its probably the petroleum jelly that has eventually worked its way out of the slave or master.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice, everyone! It's going into the shop this week for some warranty stuff, so I'll see if I can get them to flush the system.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out the clutch fluid was leaking out onto the bell housing. I'm glad I checked the fluid level! The dealer has ordered a new slave cylinder and will install it and flush the system. I love warranties!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Turns out the clutch fluid was leaking out onto the bell housing. I'm glad I checked the fluid level! The dealer has ordered a new slave cylinder and will install it and flush the system. I love warranties!
Mine is doing the same thing as we speak. I need to replace mine soon.

P

·
0 Posts
They use petroleum jelly from the factory to assemble parts that contain orings. Its probably the petroleum jelly that has eventually worked its way out of the slave or master.
Usually it's soap!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts