1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'94 Seville STS N*
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello. :-D

(sorry for blur)

this has been a common occurance since i've owned the car (2 months), however, something that has changed is the fact that it now stays no matter how dry/hot it is outside. sitting directly in the sunlight, condensation continues to stick to the plastic. i figure it is only a matter of time until my bulbs start blowing.

for about 2 weeks i've been stuck looking at this ungodly sight everytime i walk past my car.

i've asked how to fix this a few times in random threads, but never really gotten a straight answer. i've been told to take a 1/8 drillbit and drill into the "bottom of the clear plastic" in a few spots to allow for "drainage". i've asked if there are other options, but those inquiries have come with no response.

well, number one, am i able to do anything else to rid these tail lights of this constant condensation? i know how to get to the plastic on the second picture, but in the first--no idea. is there any way to seal what could be allowing this water in?

and number two, if i were to drill these holes, how many and EXACTLY where to allow the most effective drainage. also, how careful/conscious would i have to be about water getting in?

here is my assumption as to where i was told to drill

am i right?

also, i'll post some pics of my girlfriend in biknis for quick & competent answers. :-D (hope you like black girls)

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Seville STS (167k)
473 Posts
thats where i drilled my holes. i had the same problem. it will still occur. but less often and not as much and disappear much quicker after the holes have been drilled.

·
Registered
'94 Seville STS N*
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice. how many holes did you drill and where? you can use my existing pic to point arrows if you like. from end to end? etc.

anyways, a picture reward for you :)

·
Registered
1996 seville sts
100 Posts
Nice reward lol!
Anyways mine did the same thing.I just drilled 4 holes on the bottom.
Will take a while to clear up but once they do it stays pretty clear.
Very common on these sevilles.
Works like a charm.Whats bad is the water that was getting in there corroded
My inner tail light harness and had to get a new one.

Mike

·
Registered
'94 Seville STS N*
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, so there definitely is a chance that the problem can become serious if water enters. or was this corrosion due to the water being stuck in there prior to?

dang it >:-/

another picture for my friends :p

·
Registered
'94 Seville STS N*
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
drilled the holes with great success.

no more condensation! another happy picture :-D

both me & my girl appreciate your help:

thanks pals

1 - 9 of 9 Posts