Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here thinks this is nice?! Where's the wood? Oh yeah, that's right - it got replaced by cheap aluminum. Boy, is that f*ckin' cozy-looking. I hope all Cadillac's follow in the Lincoln Navigator K concept's footsteps - or better yet, I hope they've already taken an initiative (besides the CTS) to abandon plush interiors from here on in..

Now I know where all those aluminum garbage cans went. Thank God for woodgrain kits...

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
I have no love for wood dash inserts.

But I like aluminum even less. Just what I want -- shiny metal bits blinding me.

And man, I haven't seen an interior that color since I rode in a friend's 1980 red Ford pickup. The interior was all faded and rotten-looking Grape just like that Navigator.

Personally, I like a mostly-black interior with a few inserts that are painted to match the vehicle exterior. Either that, or an all-black interior with white leather seats.

.Jinx

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Wow, so much negativity over a concept car.

What would be the point of leaving the stock wood and using factory black leather? Wouldn't that be a 'production' model? Isn't the point of a concept car to explore other ideas, hince the name concept car?

Why is wood ok, but metal isn't? Aren't car's made of metal and not wood? If wood says luxury, wouldn't 24k gold say it louder?

Personally, I'd like to see more chrome and metal in my Fleetwood and less cheesy looking wood grained plastic.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If wood says luxury, wouldn't 24k gold say it louder?

I don't think so. I think wood gives a car a warm, plush look - like the inside of a home. Gold or any other metal looks hard and cold. I think the luxury aspect of a luxury car is trying to achieve comfort - not status...

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
Aren't car's made of metal and not wood? If wood says luxury, wouldn't 24k gold say it louder?
People don't aspire to 24K gold furniture or walls or floors. Wood and leather is perhaps the ultimate expression of luxury appointment. Anything else is merely trendy.

.Jinx

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Im with Sal and Jinx. Wood trim, done well, is the best. On a sports car, i wouldnt mind metal. The CTSV interior looks like it will have aluminium inserts judging by the picture on cadillac.com. It looks OK, waiting to see it in person though

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I don't care for it.......And, I have to disagree with Katshot here. I drove a 2003 DTS recently and was very impressed with the interior.....It was quite cozy! Of course, It was black leather with very tastefully done wood trim!

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
The K concept is a sportier version of the Navigator (385HP), hence the lack of wood.

The production model has its fair share of wood:

But they definitely could've chosen a better interior colour for the concept :we need a puking smilie:

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It seems alright for a sports car to have the metal-look.. But, cars like the Lexus SC300/400 and the Cadillac Eldorado did pretty nice with wood trim and no metal...

I think the new Vette is going to have some wood...

So you want a vomit smiley, eh? :vomit:

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you think that the interior of that thing is bad, take a look at the interior of the new Nissan Mornao..........actaully look at the exterior too, it sucks as well. I think that all SUV's except the suburban and tahoe are goin downhill in looks, explorer, navigator, avalanche(sucked from the beginning), and once again, that stupid morano.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
It seems alright for a sports car to have the metal-look.. But, cars like the Lexus SC300/400 and the Cadillac Eldorado did pretty nice with wood trim and no metal...

I think the new Vette is going to have some wood...

So you want a vomit smiley, eh? :vomit:
I have a designer friend and it seems that they are tired of wood, hence the metal look that is now getting old. They are looking for new things, I jokingly said rock and he said...

So if you see marble in your new luxury car soon, it's because they are getting bored.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Marble?..........................:vomit:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
No worse than a Honda Element looks anyway! It joins the ranks of the few cars that look as bad as the Ponti-Yuk Asstek.....

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Take a look at the new XJR, it has some sort of grey colored wood interior that actually does look like marble, ugh!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts