Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im having quite the problem, i have a 94 sts and the compter is acting weird, it is shooting out codes for loss of data for the 5 different systems, i think the codes are I032, I033, I034, I037 I039, they dont come on constantly only when i start my car and the first 10 minutes or so when i am driving, the codes dont stay on consistantly can this be a computer problem or what? i am also having problems with the cruise control, it says cruise engaged but it doesent do anything, maybee that has something to do with it, any help will be grat thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
kennydawgg said:
ok im having quite the problem, i have a 94 sts and the compter is acting weird, it is shooting out codes for loss of data for the 5 different systems, i think the codes are I032, I033, I034, I037 I039, they dont come on constantly only when i start my car and the first 10 minutes or so when i am driving, the codes dont stay on consistantly can this be a computer problem or what? i am also having problems with the cruise control, it says cruise engaged but it doesent do anything, maybee that has something to do with it, any help will be grat thanks
I032 = Loss of Anti-Lock Brakes/Traction Control Data

I033 = Loss of AIRBAG SYSTEM Data

I034 = Loss of PCM Data

I037 = Loss of A/C Programmer Data

I039 = Loss of Road Sensing Suspension (RSS) Data

That is awfully strange. Check your fuses, both the trunk fuses and the Maxi-fuses under the hood, then try removing the battery for 15 minutes. Put the battery back on, do the Idle-Learn procedure, then try again.

If it still persists, I'm also thinking computer problems as well.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Ipc

Loss of data codes...this can be very hard to nail. But my money is that you have a bad cluster/IPC.

You run for a while..then the cluster starts display codes and bad data. The AC goes to defrost etc. Good chance its a bad cluster. A circuit 800 failure.

Reman clusters are available for about $300 exchange via Delco radio/speedometer shops. Be aware that the Delco shops have a very hard time testing for circuit 800 faults. Basically it appears that the expensive GM cluster tester does not test circuit 800 at all. So again there are alot of 'good clusters' floating around that really also have bad circuit 800 problems. In some cases its taking 3-4-5 clusters to find a good one.

It also could be one of the other computers on the system. PCM, DERM, ABS. RSS, IPC.

Logan

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Ipc

Logandiagnostic said:
Loss of data codes...this can be very hard to nail. But my money is that you have a bad cluster/IPC.

You run for a while..then the cluster starts display codes and bad data. The AC goes to defrost etc. Good chance its a bad cluster. A circuit 800 failure.
your right about the fact that it resets the climate control to 75 and the defrost for the front comes on, how hard are the clusters to install? if you get a reman cluster and it has the same problem your just stuck and have to buy another one or will delco replace it? thanks alot

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
cluster

The reman clusters come with a 1 year warranty. So you would be ok. The GM cluster testers cant 'see' circuit 800 failures internal to the cluster.

The cluster are fairly easy to swap. You remove all of the front vents. Then there is a hidden screw behind each one. Then 3 screws under the defrost vent. Then you remove the top of the dash and gain access to the cluster.

'Loss of data' codes are related to circuit 800 (tan). All of the computers are wired in a loop and talk to each other on the 800 line. If one of the computers data signal goes bad it transmits bad data on circuit 800. Hence the loss of data.

The circuit 800 loop looks kind of like this...

IPC....ALDL....DERM....RSS.....
!.....PCM......ACP.....ABS.......!

All of the computers have 2 wires coming and going on the 800 circuit. That way if a wire is cut or damaged the systems can still talk. This makes a wiring problem very unlikely.

Using a DVOM. You can moniter circuit 800 data at pin M on the ALDL. You should see the voltage at pin M flucuate all the time from about 3.5v to 4.5 volt. When the fault occurs the voltage will typically either go very low (.5v) or lock high around 4.6v. You can often 'see' the fault occur before the cluster does. You will see the signal lock up on the DVOM and about 15 seconds later the cluster will start displaying the 'loss of data' issues.

Logan

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: cluster

col thanks for all your help man, its nice to have people who know what they are talking about post things for the people that dont have a clue where to start. i just have one more question for ya, does my cruiz control problem, where i push the cruise control button and it says cruise active but it doesent do anything, have anything to do with the crcuit 800 failure?
thanks alot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
kennydawgg