Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon, while I was driving back to work, I tried to put the car on competitive driving mode, well, what do you know, it didn't let me:banghead: , I then checked my TPS and they all read fine, the tire preasure was arround 33 psi on each of the tires, I still have the OEM wheels and stock tires, but I do have a Magnaflow exhaust and a recently installed maggie:lildevil: , this problem had happen before, but this time the Nav. display on top of the screen said Stability System Ready, I really don't know what that means, the car still drives fine and the power is there, but I can no longer do BURNOUTS:lildevil: :bomb: , you know what I mean.

I got to the office, I stoped the car for a couple of minutes and then fired it againg, the message of the screen was gone and the outside temp. was displayed like always, but I can not turn the T/C off, what the hell of going on with this car:banghead: :banghead: , for what I can tell on this forum, this is a comon problem, but I'm hoping that someone found a cure for this, if you have any comments, please let me know, thanks

Jose

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Is this the first time of trying to turn off T/C after the Maggie install? There may be a communication hiccup between the control modules on the V that was created during the tuning process.

When computers don't behave what's the first thing to do?

Yep, reboot.

To test this easy fix, disconnect the negative battery terminal for a minimum of 15 seconds, reconnect and see if T/C works again.

A second thing to try would be a quick reprogram of the tire pressure monitoring system to identify a weak TPS signal (low battery, etc.). The procedure is on the FAQ.

Third thing and not as easy for many - dealer diagnostics. :eek:

Anyone else have some ideas? :hmm:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK,

I just got back home, while on my way back and at a stop light, I tried to turn of the T/C and it did work, I was also able to go into competitive driving mode, and then turned off the stabili track, the car is fine now, I just wonder if GM installed some gremlins in our cars from the factory, or if we got charged extra for all this computer BUGS.

Jose

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
heavymetals said:
If it is a bug that cannot be removed, it becomes a feature.:histeric:
And if Microsoft wrote our software we'd be in the dealer every six months for patches. :thepan:

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
Did I read somewhere we have something like 80,000 lines of code?

Sorry, back on track track. Twice I could not get in Comp mode. Once for tire over-pressure, once unknown. One mystery Stabilitrak engagement (doing 2 mph in Parking lot!) Shutdown/Restart engine cleared (except the tire pressure issue, of course).

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
calicadi said:
And if Microsoft wrote our software we'd be in the dealer every six months for patches. :thepan:
They would just release new patches for stuff that we had problems 2 years ago.

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
calicadi said:
Wow, you only install MS patches every six months? Do you throw out 89,999 patches during that period, or just wait until the full six months have gone by and then install all 90,000?

calicadi said:
Did I read somewhere we have something like 80,000 lines of code?
Nope: one line of code. Really long, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your car does start acting up all the time. Indeed perform the ECU RESET....negative battery cable for 15 seconds.

Remember though the ECU in most cars when reset goes into a learning mode of sorts. In which you should let it idle until fully warm , do not touch the car.

Turn the car off , then back on and go for a drive. A brisk one if possible , full throttle , then normal crusing around.

Come back home turn off the car and pray.....lots. :cool2:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Artificial-I said:
Come back home turn off the car and pray.....lots. :cool2:
:D that is some funny stuff.

The car is acting in good manner today, if this continues to happen I'm going to have to take back to the dealer and have them fix the shiat :mad2: hope they don't think I'm :cookoo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts