Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
seville 96, Catera 97, eldorodo 97
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My eldo 97 compressor is not clicking in (no relay sound when turn AC on or off). I thought that it may be low refrigent so checked lowside Freon pressure (with compressor off, it is 100 PSI). I removed low pressure switch connector, short it but there is clicking sound of relay, so compressor does not come on. The low side prresure without compressor remains 100PSI. I checke codes and cleared all the codes. There is only one unrelated code PZM2473 current.

Any suggestion please what to do. Will removing a battery terminal and reconnecting my reset and let the compressor on? Could it be the compressor relay itself. How to check the relay?

Thanks
John

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,982 Posts
You cannot check the pressures with the compressor or engine off. When off, the high and low sides equalize so all you did was check static pressure which is meaningless. You have to use a set of gauges and check both high & low sides when the A/C is running.

The clicking is not a relay, but the clutch engaging I think. See if you have power to the compressor plug when the A/C is turned on.

·
Registered
seville 96, Catera 97, eldorodo 97
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ranger,

Thanks. Do you know where is the compressor plug located. Is it accessable from the top or bottom of car?

Thanks
John

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,982 Posts
It will be in front of the compressor on the clutch, I am not sure if it is on the top ord side of the clutch. Might be accessible from above, I'm really not sure. Just have a look and you'll find it.

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
On my 90 it was easiest to go in through the wheel well; pull the right front tire and remove the splash guard and the compressor was right there. Yours is a whole different car but I think the compressor is still roughly in the same location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts