Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Eldorado - Polo Green Metallic
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following the site for a while since it's shutdown, and a few weeks ago they changed their "shutdown" message to an "under construction" message.

After checking today, they seem to be up and running as far as VIN searches go.

If you haven't used COMPNINE before, it's a website that has access to GM, Ford, Chrysler, Mercedes and more VIN databases. For our GM cars, it will tell you all of your RPO codes and descriptions, as well as build date and rarity.

For newer model Fords, you can actually print a PDF of the original window sticker, which is pretty cool.

I'm not sure if they have the parts interchange and diagrams up yet, but that was a VERY nice tool to have as well.

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Re: COMPNINE.COM is Back!

I see he's still charging, so I doubt he'll be around for long unless he reached specific agreements with all those manufacturers.

·
Registered
‘66SDV,‘76FWB,CDV, SDV,‘77 BRTZ‘78CDV,FWB,‘90,‘91x2,‘92FWB,‘98,‘00,‘05 DTS
3,219 Posts

That is pretty cool... I had never been to that site. They give you one freebee. Interesting... My '94 Eldorado is one of only 508 that has Bordeaux Red interior out of the 24,947 built that year. And only 1,328 were Cotillion white like mine? That's surprising. What I would love to know is how many white ones had Bordeaux interior. Is there a way to cross reference that?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts

^^^ Really? I didn't even try. I figured they were offering just one. I'll do more today!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts

The "rarity" of your car seems pretty deceiving. On my 2000 Deville, of which there were over 68,000, it says mine is 1 of only 1 with the exact option list and that is only 1 with that many options, mine, I presume. :hmm:

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,745 Posts

Ignore the rarity thing, honestly. Alot of that comes from the fact that there are RPO codes for the week your car was produced. So in my case, I was one of two red/silver two tone Caprices with red interior, 350, tow package, and HD cooling produced that WEEK.

Doesn't make it rare. It's more for interesting statistics, honestly.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts

^^^ That explains it. I had a hard time believing that I just happened to own the Deville with the most options in the whole world. :lol:

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Eldorado - Polo Green Metallic
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

When you go to Compnine.com, you're now able to drag and drop the RPO's into an include and exclude list to get the rarity information. It looks a bit more accurate than the older style which just gives you a number. Now, you can actually exclude options that your car doesn't have, and include others...

Nick

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,581 Posts
Re: RPO Decoding

they probably do - but it's not for us common folks -
what do you suppose the dealers parts dept use -
they always ask for the VIN when looking for parts -

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,235 Posts

Guess what - and this "CompNine" merge is not the only one possible within the past 3 weeks - there are others.

·
Registered
Orange And Purple Lights.
6,632 Posts
It does not work with mine (I tried with the Cadillac, because it says it only goes back to 1980)

Oh well, I was just curious about a build date, because I already know the rest.

·
Registered
1999 DeVille, 2002 DeVille
4,175 Posts
I found the original factory checkoff sheet thingy with the build date and the inspection signatures and such under the trunk carpet. I pretty much know everything else.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts