Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but I must be running the inquiry wrong as I couldn't find anything.

I'm looking about going complete UUC with the motor mounts, tranny mounts, and diff mounts (all three if they make them). I know I'll get a bit more noise (I'm coming from driving an '02 Mustang w/ loads of urethane & delrin so anything will be quieter), but are there any other concerns I should be aware of?

Will it really be that noticeable?

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
The only "concern" is that the diff bushing acentuates the whine a bit.

The MM's are much better/stronger than the stock ones (the new design)

I never did the trans mount as mine isn't broken.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
188 Posts
Yes, the diff bushing accentuates whine a lilttle, but is an easy trade off if you have bad clunk. Also, you can replace the diff fluid with a higher viscosity one (75W-140) and that can reduce, or (temporarily) get rid of the extra whine.

The new motor mounts help a lot. Your stock ones WILL go out quickly if they haven't done so already.

The stock trans mount can be reinforced with polyeurethane easily if you want to DIY. I wish I had thought of that before purchasing the UUC one, but the UUC trans mount is really cheap....like $25 cheap or something. I don't think the stock trans mount would necessarily fail like the others, but reinforcing by filling in the gaps (or replacing w/UUC) will help to reduce driveline movement (clunk).

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the diff bushing accentuates whine a lilttle, but is an easy trade off if you have bad clunk. Also, you can replace the diff fluid with a higher viscosity one (75W-140) and that can reduce, or (temporarily) get rid of the extra whine.

The new motor mounts help a lot. Your stock ones WILL go out quickly if they haven't done so already.

The stock trans mount can be reinforced with polyeurethane easily if you want to DIY. I wish I had thought of that before purchasing the UUC one, but the UUC trans mount is really cheap....like $25 cheap or something. I don't think the stock trans mount would necessarily fail like the others, but reinforcing by filling in the gaps (or replacing w/UUC) will help to reduce driveline movement (clunk).
i'm don't really know what means what when it comes to oil, but does a higher viscosity mean a "thicker" oil? running a thicker oil does not sound like a good idea to me. :shrug:

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
i'm don't really know what means what when it comes to oil, but does a higher viscosity mean a "thicker" oil? running a thicker oil does not sound like a good idea to me. :shrug:
Like Birdman said, try heavier fluid.....I run half of my diff fluid with 90w140...it made the whine less pronounced. I'm sure it would even be less if I did the entire amount.

As far as the diff bushing goes....it only slightly decreased my clunk. I wasn't impressed with the results, and the install was a PITA.

The UUC trans mount is like $125 but Luke can tell you for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts