Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
DTS 2008
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you find a complete history of a pre-owned 2008 Cadillac DTS.
The Dealer sales paper state no repairs or accidents reported.
Suspicious tire appearance, one out of three brand new, remaining in very good shape but aged.
Front splash shield shows damage to side where new tire is located.
Dealer will not warrant this damaged splash claiming part damaged due to driving into obstacle.
Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird
1,511 Posts
Well, you can try Carfax. http://www.carfax.com/cfm/general_check.cfm?partner=GCF_Y&CMP=KNC-Google
It's better than nothing I suppose.
It's a bit better on older cars.....where maybe a guy is saying that he is the second owner......and carfax will show every change of ownership.....
As to accidents............if it was a reportable accident it may be on their report.........

The other thing thatwould be interesting is what the dealership has on the computer.
I don't suppose they have a legal obligation to show you the maintenance history.......but they sure have a moral obligation.
And they should tell you who the previous owner was ......you can call him........ I had a guy call me one time.......

And if the guy who you are buying it from is not a Caddie dealer......maybe you can take the VIN and ask the local Caddie dealer to take a look on the computer

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,755 Posts
Just tell the dealer you want a complete service history printout. Their service department can do it is 10 seconds. Then also bring the car to a body shop for them to take a look for more serious damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts