Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I will try to make this short and sweet. I have a number of Cadillacs. My daily driver has been a 1995 Sedan DeVille. I have kept it in top condition and just recently spent $3,XXX.XX plus on vacumn lines, tune up, body work, etc. I had the rear brakes done on the recommendation of the shop. I have used this shop for 30+ years and they now specialize in Vintage Autos. The rear brakes started acting up, especially the right rear. I brought it to their attention and they said that it was a auto adjustment and they took care of it. After about 2600 miles the rear brake started to make noise like grinding and I took it in. The owner looked it over as well as the techs. He said that he found that the complete REAR SUBFRAME had rusted through and it was in danger of releasing the entire rear end under the right circumstances. He also said that the body was fine but that Cadillac failed to engineer against rust with that subframe and that it was not an easy problem to detect. Now I have a car that I have put thousands into in just the past few months or so, not counting the other maintenance I put in over the last year otherwise. I also have put in over $2,500.00 into a 1998 DeVille. I know I know, the head gaskets. Now I need to locate a complete rear subframe with all the trimmings for a 1995 DeVille CHEAP. I can't keep up the repairs. I am on social security and this really has hurt me to the core. Does anyone know where to find this complete subframe that is not rusted out nearly as bad as the one I have? Please help. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks, Metzmo

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,298 Posts
Welcome Aboard !!!

Look through the hundreds of yards that make up www.car-part.com or try www.cadillacheaven.com.

Deville FWD cars - especially those in the rust belt - are very susceptible to total rear subframe rot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts