Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

Registered
08 CTS 3.6 PFI
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have competitive mode if you push the traction control button twice ?

Registered
08 CTS 3.6 PFI
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I didn't know if they had them or if it was something I picked up with the engine swap

2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
Like I thought: drift mode.

Competitive Driving Mode
To select this optional
handling mode, press the
TCS/StabiliTrak button quickly
two times and STABILITRAK
COMPETITIVE MODE displays in
the Driver Information Center (DIC).
While in the StabiliTrak Competitive
Mode, the TCS/StabiliTrak warning
light comes on, TCS does not limit
wheel spin, and more effort is
required to turn the steering wheel.
Adjust your driving accordingly.

Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
Hardly drift mode. Stabilitrak is still on and will try to stop you from getting sideways in competitive mode.

Hold the TC button down for 10 seconds for drift mode :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
well I just click the traction button twice and I can cause the car to drift. 2011 coupe.

Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
well I just click the traction button twice and I can cause the car to drift. 2011 coupe.
drift or just lose traction? you can break the tires loose in competitive mode, but if the car starts getting sideways, stabilitrak will jump in and stop it.

Personally haver never understood drifting other than anoxious spectator sport. It wears tires out and you go slow. Guess you could award prizes for the slowest and least visible lap...
Yea, what's next, are they going to start giving out award prizes for best MPG? :) I don't really get it as a motorsport either, find it boring to watch, but who doesn't like getting sideways every once in while?

2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
Well I spent some time on dirt tracks in the Carolinas and the purpose was to point the car in the direction you wanted to accelerate. In autocrossing I often would steer with both ends of the car but there the effect was transitory and purpose was to go fast with oversteer. "Spinning and smoking tires" is just a way to go slow and my tires cost about $800/set.

Will compete an almost any motorsport (not demolition or figure 8) but drifting is just destructive.

BTW once ran a series of computer simulations on Motocross. Found that to be really fast you has to almost constantly be accelerating or braking and while airborne you can do neither. Was fastest to tap the front brake at the crest of a hill to minimize air time.

Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
Drifting season is fat approaching here. No need to push any buttons, just hit the gas and hope you can eventually stop.

Registered
'14 CTS-V Long Roof; '10 CTS Long Roof, now serving the Coast Guard; '16 ATS-V Sedan
Drifting season is fat approaching here. No need to push any buttons, just hit the gas and hope you can eventually stop.
Especially in the hills of Pennsylvania. Nothing worse than that helpless feeling of not being able to stop and watching an accident about to happen. Almost surreal.

Registered
08 CTS 3.6 PFI
Discussion Starter #16
I can see it now, all CTS owners will be drifting their cars at the next event

Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
Especially in the hills of Pennsylvania. Nothing worse than that helpless feeling of not being able to stop and watching an accident about to happen. Almost surreal.
OMG! You ain't wrong about that! 馃槪

Super Moderator 2011 CTS SportWagon
2011 CTS SportWagon
Competitive Mode is fun with AWD in snow. On a closed course, of course, with a professional driver, lol.

Registered
'14 CTS-V Long Roof; '10 CTS Long Roof, now serving the Coast Guard; '16 ATS-V Sedan
Competitive Mode is fun with AWD in snow. On a closed course, of course, with a professional driver, lol.
As a 16 year old I used to, umm, practice in empty parking lots as a learning tool (yeah, that's it, a learning tool lol). When it snowed I took the family wagon and did donuts and drifts just to learn how a car handled. That really paid off later in life when I had skids, drifts, etc., plus it was a blast with my buddies. Let the CTS Drifting Academy begin!

Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
well if any of you have ever pushed our lead sled to it's extremes thru a turn you will find that as the tires start to lose traction and the car begins to slide the front, the stabil-trac will apply the appropriate wheel brakes that will bring the car back in and stop the slide. Problem is it slows the car down and takes the car to the inside of the turn. Now that is fine especially for folks that have know idea how to drive fast as on a race track. But it really messes up a fast turn.
So thus the fun button is there to allow the car to be driven without a nanny. So that means we can throw the lead sled into a turn and slide all the tires, yes even the big 19" staggered Continental Extremes will surrender. and what FUN when it rains!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts