Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know this has been beat to death before, but I just wanted to confirm some stuff. There's a six-plus-year-old thread that got closed because thebigjimsho and some kid yamablaster were duking it out or I would've posted in it.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/160718-competition-mode-cts-v.html

Anyway, so it's true that there is "some" computer intervention even in Competitive Driving Mode? I've got some rear tires I want to beat on and just want to make sure I don't have to go "full off" to do it.

·
Registered
2005 CTS- V
48 Posts
The answer is yes The traction control is off completely, letting you spin, but the stability control is only partially disabled. I would say in my experience 50%. It will let you have fun, but will take over if you get too crazy.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
See attached.

The Competitive Mode eliminates the computer intervention into wheel spin (based on the relative wheel speed reported by the wheel speed sensors), but not the intervention into directional stability (based on the Yaw sensor readings). You can turn both of those off as indicated in the owners manual and do donuts all day.

Attachments

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See attached.

The Competitive Mode eliminates the computer intervention into wheel spin (based on the relative wheel speed reported by the wheel speed sensors), but not the intervention into directional stability (based on the Yaw sensor readings). You can turn both of those off as indicated in the owners manual and do donuts all day.
Perfect. Makes better sense. Letting the yaw sensor do its job is not a bad thing.

I could trip stability control multiple times a lap at VIR in CDM.

And why you bitchin' bout my poastin'...
Beating up on that poor kid from Cleveland just 'cause he didn't believe in a friction sensor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts