Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2005Cadillac CTS-V, 1966 Chevy Chevelle, 1990 Chevy Stepside
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering what different things happen when you press that traction control button twice. The only thing I notice is you can smoke the tires in the first couple of gears (also it gets a bit more sideways). Also when you turn the stability control off when holding the traction control button it seems sometimes it kicks back on can you turn it all of the way off? :burn:

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,452 Posts
The suspension doesn't change when you press the T/C button...

There are 4 modes:

1. Traction Control & Stability Control ON (Normal)

2. Traction Control OFF & Stability Control ON (Press T/C button once, light comes on)

3. Traction Control OFF & Stability Control Lowered (Press T/C Button twice, light comes on and stays on, aka Competitive Driving Mode. Stability lets you drift sideways a bit before interfering)

4. Traction Control OFF & Stability Control OFF (Hold T/C Button, light comes on and stays on, be careful)

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
3,988 Posts
Competition mode makes your car faster.

J/K :thepan:
Doesn't do anything for the suspension. It lets the car slide around a little bit more, before kicking in.
If you hold the T/C button more than five seconds, all traction control is off, until you hit the T/C button again. It should not turn back on by itself.

Tony

·
Registered
Cadillac
97 Posts
The first thing I do when I start mine is shut the computer stuff off, I suppose that makes me a dumbass, but I trust my reactions over that system any day, even in AX competitions on Hoosier A6 slicks on in the rain, I was over 2 seconds quicker without than with it

·
Registered
09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!
2,458 Posts
The first thing I do when I start mine is shut the computer stuff off, I suppose that makes me a dumbass, but I trust my reactions over that system any day, even in AX competitions on Hoosier A6 slicks on in the rain, I was over 2 seconds quicker without than with it
Not a good habit. But nobody's gonna argue with you psycho.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So what you guys are saying is that Competition mode has no real benefits ? it is a message on the nav screen and traction Control OFF & Stability Control Lowered. That's it?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Thats it.

What exactly were you expecting? Auto-Pilot?

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
244 Posts
Thanks for this thread, I was wondering why my stability control would still activate in competition mode. Several monster wannabe drifts were hampered due to this phenomena and I was figuring something was wrong. Now I can chalk it up to one of my all time favorite causes: Operator Error.
:D

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I think my maggie broke my traction/stability control.

I can spin, slide and dance as much as I want without pressing any buttons...

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,360 Posts
So what you guys are saying is that Competition mode has no real benefits ? it is a message on the nav screen and traction Control OFF & Stability Control Lowered. That's it?
The Competition mode allows you to accelerate without interruption based on wheel spin. It also allows you to get a little sideways without interference, but still protects you from getting completely sideways. It also (I have read but not confirmed) changes the timing advance curve somewhat for improved performance.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Oh, I see. It doesn't effect ignition timing.

:alchi:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah I was just curious and figured this would be the best place to start. From what I read on the other threads what
ctsv_ 510 said is the best awnser. Dont think it does anything to timing...... oh well. thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
3,988 Posts
I think my maggie broke my traction/stability control.

I can spin, slide and dance as much as I want without pressing any buttons...
Even stock, I think you can overpower it. Last winter I came around a corner showing off. I gunned it and the car was sliding while I was looking out the drivers side window. Then I whipped it to the other side. The whole thing must have been fifty feet of FUN :spin:
I guess it's designed to catch you if you take a turn a little too fast, not if you have your foot on the floor.

It also (I have read but not confirmed) changes the timing advance curve somewhat for improved performance.
SOMEBODY need to look onto this.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.