Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my V back from the dealer and I noticed Competition Mode will not turn on. Hit it once...TC turned off. Hit it twice....nothing. Hold it for 10 seconds and all stability control turns off. So 2 out of the 3 work. Called Caddy service and they have never heard of it doing that. Going to take it back in next week, but has this ever happened to you guys? If so, what was the fix? Assuming this was easy, but you know what happens when you ass-u-me...

T

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
They need to reprogramm the radio. it is very common. the radio thinks its a cts not a cts v.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
The car thinks it's just a regular CTS. They have to specifically tell the unit that it's a V. Same thing happened to me after I got the 3rd diff replaced. They also said they had never heard of it happening...

EDIT: I didn't post fast enough...

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. Damn them....

·
Registered
Cadillac
36 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I know the radio has been replaced at least once.

So, is it acutally entering comp mode?

I'm not worried if it's actually going to comp, it seems a little silly that it wouldn't go into the mode since it's not flashing a message on the radio? ....But that wouldn't be the craziest thing I've seen cars do.

73's

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
28 Posts
Glad I found this thread!

My Competition Mode will also not come on and the Dealer pretty much told me same thing, never heard of this and they don't know how to fix.

The forum checked my service history and sure enough, Radio was replaced awhile back. They probably did not program Radio for the V.

I hope just telling the service department this will get it fixed.

Thanks, Perry

·
Registered
CTS-V
238 Posts
I had this happen when they replaced my radio as well. Had to extend my loaner for a day and an extra trip to a not so close to home dealer. Someone at Cadillac should really try to get the word out to the dealers to double check this one.

On a possibly related note, my new nav unit will not spit out the DVD. Nav functions properly, but when you hit the eject button, it makes an "ejection noise", but I'm left sitting there waiting for an ejection that doesn't happen. Dealer hasn't looked at it, but thinks a whole new unit is needed.
Anyone know of a secret that will save GM some warranty money?

Brian R.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
45 Posts
I had this happen when they replaced my radio as well. Had to extend my loaner for a day and an extra trip to a not so close to home dealer. Someone at Cadillac should really try to get the word out to the dealers to double check this one.

On a possibly related note, my new nav unit will not spit out the DVD. Nav functions properly, but when you hit the eject button, it makes an "ejection noise", but I'm left sitting there waiting for an ejection that doesn't happen. Dealer hasn't looked at it, but thinks a whole new unit is needed.
Anyone know of a secret that will save GM some warranty money?

Brian R.
I just had my nav system replaced for the peeling buttons and I got the stuck in michigan problem - Im in Cali so it didn't work for me. They replaced the unit again and I have the DVD is stuck and the comp mode will not turn on. Still have to take it one more time. 3 times a charm?

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
The car thinks it's just a regular CTS. They have to specifically tell the unit that it's a V. Same thing happened to me after I got the 3rd diff replaced. They also said they had never heard of it happening...

EDIT: I didn't post fast enough...
I've had the "regular CTS" problem twice (the 2 times I've had my nav replaced for peeling buttons) but in both cases I couldn't get into competive driving mode or the mode that turns stability off completely. All I could do was "normal" or TC off.

I did recently have an issue where it wouldn't go into competitive driving mode and I had to push the "band" button and go to the radio screen. When I did this 2 things happened. First, the screen immediately changed to the Competitive Driving Mode screen and also the bottom left of the nav screen had the radio station info (as opposed to the clock) and when I switched back to nav it correctly displayed the clock. :hmm:

·
Registered
CTS-V
238 Posts
I just had my nav system replaced for the peeling buttons and I got the stuck in michigan problem - Im in Cali so it didn't work for me.
That's ironic, as I had the stuck in Cali problem when I got mine back. When I was driving down the road, the nav tracked me on a freeway near LAX. Too bad I was 3000 miles away in PA at the time. Wierd part was the GPS tracking put me in California -- not just the nav wouldn't accept destinations outside of say, Michigan.

Brian R.

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
That's ironic, as I had the stuck in Cali problem when I got mine back. When I was driving down the road, the nav tracked me on a freeway near LAX. Too bad I was 3000 miles away in PA at the time. Wierd part was the GPS tracking put me in California -- not just the nav wouldn't accept destinations outside of say, Michigan.

Brian R.
I played with this some the last time I had the "stuck in MI" problem and while I can't remember exactly how it worked, it was something like this:

If you go into the POI menu you can select a state, any state, for the POI. The address portion of the menu is then "stuck" in that state. I was doing some work in Chicago and put the Courtyard downtown into the POI and ended up being stuck in IL. When I went in and changed to a Michigan POI then I was stuck in MI. I believe the Nav ships defaulting to MI which is why everyone knows this problem as "stuck in Michigan".

Not sure this is completely accurate (someone with the problem should check it out) but that how I remember it.

btw, the stuck in MI problem is fixed with the reflash (see the sticky at the top of the forum) and is different from the no competitive driving mode which requires a reprogramming with a Tech 2 at the dealership to change the Nav from a standard CTS nav program to a CTS-V program.

·
Registered
2006 Blacked Out CTS-V
176 Posts
Just got mine back and the steering wheel buttons are out of whack!! Also doesn't show comp driving mode. I guess it's back to the dealership:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts