Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CT6
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will GM update their compatible Phone List? When I checked last, three days ago, the newest Samsung Phone on the list is the S9. Samsung has released two new phones since then. My S9 charged wirelessly just fine. About two months ago I sat in a 2022 CT5 and placed my S22 in the Charger slot. It did not start charging. What good is the wireless connection to the CUE system if you have to connect the phone up to the wired system to charge the phone which also connects to the CUE system for Android Auto? I hope the wireless charging function is better in the 2023 CT5 as my understanding is that as of the end of May if your order for a 2022 CT5-V has not been accepted by GM it has been converted to a 2023 model.

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V
233 Posts
Don't know about the phone charging, but orders do not covert by themselves. A 2022 order that was left in 1100 status is deleted and you have to start over and contact the dealer to reorder a 2023.

·
Registered
2018 CT6
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting! I was specifically told by my dealer that the converting from 2022 to 2023 would occur without any intervention. Time for me to contact my dealer and confirm the order did (or did not) convert. Also in the back of my mind, I was told that canceling my 2022 order would erase my position in line.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interesting! I was specifically told by my dealer that the converting from 2022 to 2023 would occur without any intervention. Time for me to contact my dealer and confirm the order did (or did not) convert. Also in the back of my mind, I was told that canceling my 2022 order would erase my position in line.
It shouldn't erase your position in line if the dealer hasn't been given an allocation yet for that car. Do you have an order # yet and did your dealer confirm what Order# status you were sitting at?

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V
233 Posts
GM deletes all orders that were not accepted. Allocations start over for the new model year. It's up to the dealer to reprocess what you want. Options and colors change, so your previous order does not necessarily translate to something available for the next year.

·
Registered
2018 CT6
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These last two responses sound as if they are diametrically opposed to one another. Position in line not affected; all order canceled and start over again. I have talked to my dealer to confirm my order's standing. They said they would get back to me with next steps this week.

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V
233 Posts
The dealer has to intervene to go from one model year to another. Maybe they are doing this for you at their discretion. If you had a 2022 order it would be deleted and a new order number for 2023 given to you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
These last two responses sound as if they are diametrically opposed to one another. Position in line not affected; all order canceled and start over again. I have talked to my dealer to confirm my order's standing. They said they would get back to me with next steps this week.
Ask your dealer what order status you are specifically at (1100 or different) and also for your order number. That will be very telling and allow you to also keep track via the chat bot on Cadillac website

·
Registered
2018 CT6
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually started this thread to inquire about phone charging. Maybe we can get back to that discussion. Has anyone been able to charge their Samsung S22 in the CT5 wireless charger?

·
Registered
2018 CT6
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My wife's s22 charged when placed on the wireless charger in my '22 5BW with no issues. Didn't try android auto with it.
I hate to seem like a nit picker. Is your wife' s phone an Ultra? Something in the back of my mind says the Ultra (my model) was marginally larger than the other models.
Thank you for your information regardless.

·
Registered
2018 CT6
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well actually the size does matter. I am making a legitimate assumption in this statement. Usually the coil in the phone is located in the center of the phone. The coil of the charger needs to be very closely aligned with the coil in the phone. Lack of these two coils being concentric will result in the charging coil not being able to induce a current in the phone's coil. The Ultra being marginally larger than the other two models of the S22 family would displace its coil enough so as not to be concentric when it is placed in the car's charging slot. Hence no charging.

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V BW
158 Posts
Did you read the notes at the bottom of the compatibility list? The 2020 ct5 wireless charger is said to work with other "larger" sized phones so I doubt that's the issue. When you tried it, did you then remove the phone, wait 3 seconds, turn it 180 degrees and try it again?

·
Registered
2018 CT6
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, I did flip it. Yes, I did remove the case. But I had also previously read the note about the caveat of phones larger than 6". The Ultra is. Which is why I asked the question if your wife's phone was an Ultra. As women sometimes say "Size Matters". I was hoping Cadillac realized that and in their 2022 and 2023 cars made accommodations for a larger format phone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts