Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you put your car into Competition Mode do you also change the shifter and put it into Sport or do you leave it in the normal automatic position.
I was just curious what most people do.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
Depends what you are going for. Comp mode removes SOME TC. sport mode on the stick changes your shift points and holds gears longer up and down.
For drag racing or tracking--- Comp mode + Sport mode works well..
I turn TC off and stay in normal Auto mode for all my daily driving. If I hit a curvy back raod then TC stays off and the stick goes into sport mode.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V; '10 STS 1SG; '08 Escalade, '08 Escalade EXT
504 Posts
Right! Because wet roads and sport mode with the TC off is a great way to get yourself squirrelly in a hurry.

Been there; done that.

bob
= why Mr. Wheeler never drives his car in the rain (I got caught in it ONCE last summer.. only time :)

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
Will comp mode yield quicker 0-60 times than normal mode?

·
Registered
STS-V
393 Posts
= why Mr. Wheeler never drives his car in the rain (I got caught in it ONCE last summer.. only time :)
Near impossible to predict the weather in Chicago. Like they say here, "if you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes." As my daily driver, I have learned to cope with the weather by controlling my right foot. Only downside is the large number of drivers here that haven't got a clue how to drive in inclement weather, and occassionally my frustration with these idiots gets the best of me. I see an "out" and my right foot tends to go for it, resulting in the previously mentioned side-effects. That's why I leave the TC on during the inclement weather - the wheel slip activates an immediate reduction of power and tends to save my butt from my over exuberance!

But I still LOVE this car - just more so on a bright sunny day!

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts