Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!

I've been lurking for a couple of months now. Great site. I had an 03' for a couple of years, and had brain fade when gas prices went up about a year ago. You won't believe this this. I actually bought a frickin' Prius!(Don't Laugh) I pimped it out, and it was a neat "little" car. It was about the 4,000th "pretty little car" comment that I decided it was time to get back into a real car and regain my masculinity. I bought an 07, and love it. It is an adjustment to the mileage thing. I was getting about 50MPG, and now am at 20. I guess that is a small price to pay, not to have to park a block away from places that you know people at. I can proudly get out of my CTS. One thing that I want to do is put some 17's on the car. I found some Centerline RPM's. they seem very light. I know with the Prius, unsprung weight absolutely killed the mileage. I put a 4 lb. lighter tire on, and gained about 5 MPG. Has anybody experimented with light weight combos on the CTS that seem to help? Last question is about rocker panels. I don't have the sport package, and it seems IMHO, to be too much ground clearance. Do they make a rocker panel the mounts on the bottom without interfering with jack points?

Thanks in Advance

Mike

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
:welcome5: Mikey!!! Don't worry, we won't tell ANYONE about the Prius. :thepan:

:lol:

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Prius. :tisk:

My aunt got rid of her BMW X5 for a Prius.

No idea why.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
Hello everybody!

I've been lurking for a couple of months now. Great site. I had an 03' for a couple of years, and had brain fade when gas prices went up about a year ago. You won't believe this this. I actually bought a frickin' Prius!(Don't Laugh) I pimped it out, and it was a neat "little" car. It was about the 4,000th "pretty little car" comment that I decided it was time to get back into a real car and regain my masculinity. I bought an 07, and love it. It is an adjustment to the mileage thing. I was getting about 50MPG, and now am at 20. I guess that is a small price to pay, not to have to park a block away from places that you know people at. I can proudly get out of my CTS. One thing that I want to do is put some 17's on the car. I found some Centerline RPM's. they seem very light. I know with the Prius, unsprung weight absolutely killed the mileage. I put a 4 lb. lighter tire on, and gained about 5 MPG. Has anybody experimented with light weight combos on the CTS that seem to help? Last question is about rocker panels. I don't have the sport package, and it seems IMHO, to be too much ground clearance. Do they make a rocker panel the mounts on the bottom without interfering with jack points?

Thanks in Advance

Mike
Ive never understoof why people would ever buy a Prius. It doesnt get much better mileage then a Volkswagen Golf TDi, but its a helluva lot uglier. I could live with a Golf TDi at 45 mpg. But I certainly couldn't live with a Prius. It would have to GIVE ME BACK GAS for me to drive that thing. Even forgetting the looks, all this Hollywood-pretentious-drive-a-hybrid crap is really annoying.

You'd notice an improvement from lighter wheels on a Prius. Much less torque in that car. But in a CTS, you probably wouldn't notice 3 or 4 lbs of unsprung weight. We are talking about a car with 250 lbs-ft and over 3800 lbs of weight. I think you'd notice an increase in ride quality tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts