Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
On my 90 Brougham 5.7.. at high rpms a can hear a slight squeal.. sounds like a little exhaust leak... are there any common places on these cars where leaks develop? Certainspots on the air injection lines or anything? Thanks
-Adam

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Im not sure about common places where they form.... I guess in places where pipes come together (IE fittings) would seem most common to me.....

If you could narrow it down to places like near under the hood, under the car, or near the rear......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
elwesso said:
Im not sure about common places where they form.... I guess in places where pipes come together (IE fittings) would seem most common to me.....

If you could narrow it down to places like near under the hood, under the car, or near the rear......

its under the hood.. ive had a string of ford 5.0 and they all rot out at the check valves and injection lines.. i thought maybe theres an etremely common place for this to happen.. ill take a closer look tommorow...

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Well..... First Id check for rust.....

Then, if its under the hood, I bet its leaking somewhere around the manifold......

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Or maybe a vacuum leak somewhere. It shouldn't be too hard to tell what's making the noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts