Cadillac Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Wiper motor has own mind 2004 CTS

Apologies if I step on toes with this being an old post (as mine is doing this very same thing), I found it on Advanced Auto Parts website. They are the most reputable parts store in my area and have the employees with actual knowledge rather than looking off a computer screen for an idea. Very helpful for me when I don't know jack! I am only hoping for good weather as much truck is not running at the moment and I have the fuse out of the car so I can still drive it without it driving me bonkers!

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/cardone-wiper-motor-remanufactured-40-1064/20910255-P?searchTerm=wiper+motor

·
Registered
432 Posts

My 03 had a habit of continuing to run--- once turned on to any speed, then "Later" the only way it would run is in the washer mode.

I had to have column sw and motor replaced to get it fixed.
UPDATE:
I've had to do this 3 times!! you need the wiper-motor circuit board cover!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Windshield Wipers won't turn off

So is it just the cover that goes bad? and how do you "time" the arms? Just make sure they're in the right spot or is it an electronic setting like the auto windows?

·
Registered
3 Posts

I would like to contribute this because this forum has helped me
several times and its a fantastic resource.

I'm definitely not a mechanic, but I have managed to pop off the windshield
wipers arms. ( PB Blaster penetrating oil and tapping the arms back and forth
on their bending joint)
Removed the four small screws on the passenger side holding down the plastic
cowling allowed me to wiggle off both halves of the cowling giving access to
the screws holding down the wiper assembly. (There are Youtube videos )

I pulled off the plug holding the wires into the motor and lifted the motor assembly
up and off the car.

On my first attempt I tried to just take off the four torx screws to get that black
motor cover off and see if there were any cracks in the soldering, corroded contact
blades, but quickly decided to just reattach everything, hope for the best because
this electronic motor cover is made in such a way that looked impossible to fix.

I ordered the cover off Ebay for $76 and it arrived in 4 days, Great !!!!

Just in the last hour I replaced the old with the new and this second time was a breeze.
( Even if here in North Texas it is a chilly 40 degrees :) I grew up in Michigan so not too bad.

Before attaching the blades back, I turned the keys to accessory and Blissful Silence !!!!
No wipers mindlessly doing their back and forth Boogie and no slappin time as I didn't hold Bobby's
hand in mine.

I would encourage this fix to anyone who has wiper blade control issues.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: 2005 cts wipers won't turn off

So I might be the odd ball who followed everyones direction but still has the problem. I replaced the wiper motor cover with a new one and I'm still having the same issue. When I pull the WIPER SW fuse they continue to run although when I pull the WIPER MOD fuse they will stop. Also when I bought the car it was missing the relay titled "ACCESSORY RELAY MINI", when that is plugged in they will continue non stop, without inoperable. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: 03 cts windshield wipers wont turn off!!

So I might be the odd ball who followed everyones direction but still has the problem. I replaced the wiper motor cover with a new one and I'm still having the same issue. When I pull the WIPER SW fuse they continue to run although when I pull the WIPER MOD fuse they will stop. Also when I bought the car it was missing the relay titled "ACCESSORY RELAY MINI", when that is plugged in they will continue non stop, without inoperable. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Windshield wipers wont stop?

So for some reason, my windshield wipers keep going. It's not constant, sometimes they'll randomly start going and keep going and I can't turn them off. And sometimes they don't go unless I turn them on. I pulled the fuse and put it back in and it still happened. Anyone know why??

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 CTS - Windshield Wiper Issue

Strangely, when I turn my windshield wipers on, I cannot turn them off. If I turn the car off and let it sit for 2 to 3 minutes, when I turn the car back on, the wipers will turn off – as long as the switch is off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CTS 2007 - w/s wiper problems

My windshield wipers just turned on by itself and they won't turn off. Is this a recall issue? It started Monday 8-3-15 (evening) stopped Tuesday 8-4-15 (morning) and it started up again today 8-5-15 (morning).

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
It's a known issue. The fix is to replace the cover for the wiper motor. Which contains the electronics to control everything wipers, sprayers and what not.

KOT

·
Registered
1 Posts
'06 cts wiper problem

Wipers turn on automatically when I turn on the car. The switch is in the off position. Runs for a short while then turn off. What is the likely source of the problem? The fix?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: CTS 2007 - w/s wiper problems

Marianne

Did replacing the wiper motor control module resolve your problem (control module is attached on top of wiper motor and sometimes sold together)?

I had the same problem this month. It is a fairly easy procedure, so I replaced the whole unit (motor and control module) myself to avoid the $395 cost at the dealer. Unfortunately it DID NOT FIX my CTS constant spraying of the wiper fluid.
Did it fix your CTS in this thread?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Re: CTS 2007 - w/s wiper problems

Funny lol, mines went bad last week and I replaced the whole wiper to be on the safe side

·
Registered
40 Posts
windshield wipers 2004 cts base v6

My wipers will not turn off, has anyone had this happen to them?. I'm thinking it's the wiper switch since I ruled out the motor. If it was the motor it wouldn't even turn on at all..

81 - 100 of 123 Posts
About this Discussion
122 Replies
74 Participants
Plasticbeercan