Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 STS
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just wanted to make a comment regarding anything electrical that happens to your car.

My left low beam head light was not working so I did what I always do when one of my headlights go out. I went out and bought 2 to replace both my low beam headlights. After I install them, the right low beam worked but the left still did not work. I checked my connection and then replace the left with the old right headlight that I knew worked and it still did not come on.

I went to the fuses under the hood and found a separate fuse for the right and the left low beam headlights. I pulled the fuse for the left low beam but it did not look like it was blown. I tested the fuse and it was fine. I also found a relay that operates both of the low beams but my right low beam worked.

I figured out that the left low beam fuse had some kind of corrosion on it that prevented it from completing the circuit, even though it looked fine to my eyes. I lightly sanded the fuse and put everything back together and everything works fine. Now I will pull all the fuses and relays (one at a time) and lightly sand them and place a little electrical anti corrosion gel on them to ensure a good electrical connection.

2001STSCADDY

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,436 Posts
Thanks. Several similar threads are posted in Electrical and in Cadillac Tech Tips.

A pretty standard piece of advice for outside lighting problems includes "check the fuses, relays and electrical connectors for cleanliness and proper contact.............".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts