Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Escslade EXT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you guys getting the body color matched hood molding? Prepping and painting a chrome one? Or direct aftermarket source?

I have seen photos of molding with various black tones, which I assumed was painted, and perfectly matched white diamond. My truck is black and I would really like to try a black chrome hood molding but have not had luck finding a vendor online yet. Specifically, the premium/platinum length hood molding. I appreciate any lead you might have to help me complete my premium front end upgrade. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
Post some pics please and I recommend you read the other forums it's all about people doing things like that I think it's something about "dipping" or something I read read the previous forums it will tell you

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Could have it painted or have it vinyl'd (able to peel off) vinyl black will match black. White diamond would need to be painted to match perfectly

·
Registered
'07 Escslade EXT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. Was hoping someone had a source for a black chrome one so I didn't have to modify one. Vinyl wrap is a good idea. Had also considered trying my hand at coating a chrome one with Duplicolor or Rustoleum's chrome blackout coating.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade AWD Premium, 2011 CTS4 Premium Coupe
164 Posts
Thanks everyone. Was hoping someone had a source for a black chrome one so I didn't have to modify one. Vinyl wrap is a good idea. Had also considered trying my hand at coating a chrome one with Duplicolor or Rustoleum's chrome blackout coating.
You could always try using plastidip. Though if you're looking for a glossy black look, I've heard their "glossifier" product leaves much to be desired. But at least you can peel it away if you don't like it and try something else. For $10-$12 might be worth a try; I'm in the process of dipping my chrome molding matte black (truck is white diamond). Something about a hybrid gloss/matte look has me intrigued enough to try it and see how it turns out.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade, 2012 SRX
12 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Escslade EXT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that's cool. BUT that is a hood protector not the molding. I don't want a plastic bug screen on my truck. Thanks though.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade, 2012 SRX
12 Posts
My fault. I didn't realize it was the bug protector. PN 22756356 is for the 12+ premium which has color matched grill. I assume it comes primered like other premium trim parts. Or PN is 15907251 is chrome piece and can be sanded and painted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts