Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember seeing a thread where a guy was offering some $$$ for any one that can do there heads lights color matched(like the vette) but no one got around to it. has any one done it yet?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
There are several members here that have upgraded to HID's. They purchase the entire housings on ebay. I had a pair of these lined up to have Dan (Mr. Zipps) Do, but I decided to sell my ride.

I did a search and found all the members who had done the mod, then sent them a PM asking if they wanted to sell them...........

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
bump...

if you look at these links, that guy posted photos...check it out
I dont see and I cant find, any pic of a finished headlight with this mod. Can u post a link to the thread? Also, I think chroming out the inside would be sickkkkk (i wonder about glare tho... :confused: )

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS
742 Posts
I had the entire outside edge of my headlights painted black to cover the ugly, uv-damaged silver trim, but I never tried to take the unit apart and do the inside. BTW, after I took these pics, I also used a sharpie to blacken the thin rubber trim that runs around the top & side of the unit.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
I had the entire outside edge of my headlights painted black to cover the ugly, uv-damaged silver trim, but I never tried to take the unit apart and do the inside. BTW, after I took these pics, I also used a sharpie to blacken the thin rubber trim that runs around the top & side of the unit.
ah cool man! So you painted the outside of your headlights? What kinda paint did u use for that?

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS
742 Posts
ah cool man! So you painted the outside of your headlights? What kinda paint did u use for that?
i didn't do it myself, gotta guy that does paint work for me, just used the 41U black for our cars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts