Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone with the opulent blue metallic color had to have parts repainted? Did you ever experience issues with the repainted pieces matching? The reason I ask I'm thinking of having my bumper repainted but I read that metallic colors can be very difficult to match.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's very common to have Metallic colors now a day, any good body shop should be able to color match it for you without any issue. Make sure the body shop is actually doing color match and not just by the color code. Where are you located?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
31 Posts
Agreed, a good body shop, especially one with or access to a spectrometer, should be able to get a match. Even with a great color match, it's often necessary to blend color and full clear adjacent panels.

·
Registered
NONE
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's very common to have Metallic colors now a day, any good body shop should be able to color match it for you without any issue. Make sure the body shop is actually doing color match and not just by the color code. Where are you located?
I'm in the Twin Cities, MN.

Are there better color match spectrometers than others ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
No, they should be the same. I was going to say if you're located in Socal, I can definitely recommend you to the bodyshop we use for our shop cars. MN is a bit far from us

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
The big problem is matching the metal flake in terms of size and flock (directionality), and to my knowledge, there is no machine for that - comes down to the painter's experience and skill

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
Most body shops could care less about color matching. You need to find a paint professional. I watched "Bitching Rides" at while back and they spent a lot of time trying to color match a white street rod paint job. So it can take time and likely will cost a premium for a perfect paint match. You also got to make sure that you and the shop have the same meaning of color match.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts