Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I made it out to a couple of the local dealers and had a chance to see the new '08 in Black , White, Blue Chip, Crystal Red, Light Platinum, Sunset Blue and Thunder Gray. Personally I preferred the Thunder Gray with White Diamond coming in a close second.

Only problem so far is that I really like the cashmere interior and it seems that dealers are only ordering/receiving the Thunder Gray with Black interior. It's still beautiful, but I was thinking of ordering a Thunder Gray with the Cashmere interior. I'm not sure though if this is a bad color combo or not. Anyone ever seen or had a darker gray exterior with light tan interior? I've seen black and tan and there is an Aston Martin I've found which has light tan interior but the exterior is a little lighter gray than the 08 CTS version. What do you guys think?

Steve

·
Registered
13 SRX Premium
162 Posts
Check out previous GM concepts like the Buick Velite and Pontiac Solstice. I have seen that combo on Vipers and Vettes also. It is however...all personal preference.

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
999 Posts
A friend of my family had that combination on a 1985 Mercedes Benz 380SL--and they called it "Anthracite with Palomino Leather Interior"--and alot of people admired the combination. I think the Steel Gray XLR's were also available with a Neutral Shale Leather, although the 2004 XLR in my neighborhood that is Steel Gray has an Ebony Leather Interior. As someone said, it's all a matter of personal preference. :)

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Thunder Gray and Cashmere/Cocoa does not sound like a good combination to me. If I were getting Thunder Gray, I'd probably go with the Light Titanium/Ebony (RPO 894). However, this is obviously a personal preference.

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thunder Gray and Cashmere/Cocoa does not sound like a good combination to me. If I were getting Thunder Gray, I'd probably go with the Light Titanium/Ebony (RPO 894). However, this is obviously a personal preference.

Yeah, that's my gut feeling on the combo. My girlfriend and the sales lady think it's a bad idea too. Just love the cashmere so much. May just go with white ext/cash int combo. I've not seen the light titanium/ebony interior so maybe that will grab me like the cashmere did.

Thanks for the responses.

Steve

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
Color combos are fun!
I think the Thunder Gray Exterior and the Cashmere Interior would be just fine. The Ebony is cool too.

I also like the Blue Chip with Cashmere and Ebony.
My personal, all time favorite is the Sexy Red w/ Black interior. Just like my '96. :)

·
Registered
Cadillac
44 Posts
I haven't seen it in person, but I have been searching local dealer's inventories in the Phoenix area for the 2008 CTS and noticed that Coulter Cadillac has a Thunder Gray with Cashmere interior in stock, so some dealers must be ordering that combination. Personally, as much as I like the Cashmere/Cocoa interior, I would probably go with the Platinum interior with the Gray. Just my opinion. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is the combo I'm planning to get. I have a number of LA dealers pricing it for me with all the 'extra's' I desire. There seems to be none in the SoCal area loaded the way I want it. By the way has anyone have a ongoing comment on the SIDI engine? The current issue of Motor Trend states that Cadillac knows of the minor problem with the NVH with the 3.6 liter direct-injection V-6 fitted to the new CTS and STS." And fustratingly, they know it's a problem that can't be fixed; it's a design fault, admits one senior engineer." Is it really as 'bad' as they state that has to be printed in this journal?

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts