Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys my GF bought a stock grill and is going to get it painted to match my body paint, The shops said there should be some sort of paint code labled on the car, The question at hand is where can i find this color code, i looked ll over the car with no luck

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it seems that our cts color code is on the spare tiure cover, they have a break down of a chevys stickers, im guessing our color code would be in the same spot since they are all GM's

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so this is the sticker on the back of spare tire cover, from readling the links above im guessing my color code has the U and L in it but i see a few dif codes with that
is mine 964 ?

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
You have to tell them this

29U... that is the base color code

964L.... that is the process code, it tells them HOW to paint it to get the right finish.

With those two numbers they can paint anything. They must have them both however or you'll get a funky
variation of the base color. Most of the finishes out there are variants of a given base coat but the paint
process determines the final look of the parts.
The 3 digit that ends in U is called the "upper" paint code. They must have that one.
The code that ends with I is your interior trim color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts