Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

now, here is another question: The only engine paint I can get for the Cadillac is some kind of dark blueish that is suppossed to be Cadillac Engine Color. The only paint on the engine that is original is on the valve covers, and that is a light blue (kinda like Ford) color. Does anyone have a "color code (Pantone, mabye?)" for this color AND does anyone know where I could mail-order this exact paint?

Thanks,
Andreas

·
Banned
701 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but I think the Pontiac blue is what you/I have on our engines. The Dark Blue is on the Older Cadillac Big Blocks. I'm sure other more knowledgeable will chime in an correct me.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
I believe Pontiac blue is different.
I've heard the color that you're referring to called 'GM Corporate Blue'.
Sorry, don't have any part numbers but you should be able to get it at any GM parts counter. I'm sure a parts store can order it if they don't have it and that should be cheaper yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again,

I think I found the answer to my own question. I remembered that I painted the valve covers new in 2002 and I found the receipt for the can of paint that I got mixed for that. The receipt says:
PPGspray *DAR 14871

I guess this should be the color code.... I wonder if it crossreferences to the GM Corporate Blue.....

Greetings,
Andreas

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
If this is for the 472, the correct color should be the Cadillac dark blue.....like the picture of the intake that I have in my avatar.
VHT makes some.....not sure of the color code off hand (SP-140, maybe?). Most parts stores should be able to get it.....MTS and Eastwood both have it.

If you go to http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/ you can see some pictures of my motor painted with the VHT paint. The pictures don't show the exact color but it will give you an idea of what it looks like.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

but my engine is not painted this color. Its lighter and I am quite sure it is stock, as there are parts that are painted light blue that no-one would take the care to repaint and the car is not in a condition that it has been reconditioned in some time - also, the dark blue is available very easily, while the lighter blue is not that readily available. If I remember, Cadillac changed the color sometime between 73 and 75, so I am still not sure. What year is your engine?

Greetings,
Andreas

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those who have shose...'en to drive a Cadillac...

Engine Paint: 1949-1976: ALL, ...: Order/Item-number; 100P / 101P (Paint-Quart /SprayCan-12oz.) Price : US$29,95/10,97
Engine Paint: 1977-1981: ALL, ...: Order/Item-number ; 151P/ 152P (Paint-Quart/SprayCan-12oz.) Price : US$29,95/10,97

http://www.usapartssupply.com

Best Regards From Norway
SyrWyllyAmTyldrup ty

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
German_472 said:
Hi,

but my engine is not painted this color. Its lighter and I am quite sure it is stock, as there are parts that are painted light blue that no-one would take the care to repaint and the car is not in a condition that it has been reconditioned in some time - also, the dark blue is available very easily, while the lighter blue is not that readily available. If I remember, Cadillac changed the color sometime between 73 and 75, so I am still not sure. What year is your engine?

Greetings,
Andreas
My engine is a '72 but I've seen that color on engines up to '76.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
lux hauler