Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CTS4 3.6 luxury red obsession with cashmere
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is mind boggling....I have gone into settings and changed the alerts to seat vs beeps. Car still beeps and flashes red. I have felt the seat alert on other occasions...like a back up alert. So I know I have seat alert. Talked to my salesman and he's confused too. Has anyone else experienced this?

Just upgraded from ATS to 2015 CTS with 3.6. Love how smooth this car is. I don't miss that bone jarring suspension in the ATS one bit.

·
Registered
2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD
1,019 Posts
The vibrating seat and the collision alert are in no way related.The collision alert alerts you to a collision. The Vibrating Seat alert, is for objects too close to the sides of the automobile. It also alerts you to lane departure.The collision alert is seen in the HUD display.

----------

I just noticed you have the Luxury model. The Luxury model doesn't have the Crash Avoidance alert. You have Lane Departure and Rear Traffic alert. Rear Traffic alert is going to beep regardless of the Vibrating Seat alert setting. One has nothing to do with the other.

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
497 Posts
In mine I don't get any beeps, everything is vibration alert. I have had it occasionally forget and give beeps for everything but restarting the car "fixes" it. So it is possible to have vibrating only.

·
Registered
2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD
1,019 Posts
Go to Setting, go to Vehicle, go to Alert type, go to Beeps for Beep or Safety Alert Set for Vibration.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
In mine I don't get any beeps, everything is vibration alert. I have had it occasionally forget and give beeps for everything but restarting the car "fixes" it. So it is possible to have vibrating only.
X2, including the collision alert, lane departure, and parking/proximity

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes my model does have collision avoidance. I have the ability to set it at 2 distances or off completely. It does show in the HUD as a flashing red light. I have changed the alerts to seat vibrate in the CUE menu. It still beeps loudly. The dealer cannot figure this out. My last ATS had the same system. Flashed red and seat buzzed. I could turn it from audible beep or seat. This one won't turn on the seat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The vibrating seat and the collision alert are in no way related.The collision alert alerts you to a collision. The Vibrating Seat alert, is for objects too close to the sides of the automobile. It also alerts you to lane departure.The collision alert is seen in the HUD display.

----------

I just noticed you have the Luxury model. The Luxury model doesn't have the Crash Avoidance alert. You have Lane Departure and Rear Traffic alert. Rear Traffic alert is going to beep regardless of the Vibrating Seat alert setting. One has nothing to do with the other.

Ddawson. Do you have a Cadillac with the front collision avoidance?

·
Registered
2014 CTS 2.0T AWD Premium (Phantom Grey/Morello Red)
43 Posts
I think there's a two stage setting for alerts. If you have your forward collision alert set on distance "long" (there actually 3 gap settings, not sure what the other guy was talking about when he said "I have the ability to set it at 2 distances or off completely".) I believe if you set the distance for "long", when FCA comes on, it will only flash red screen on HUD and vibrate seat. But if the FCA goes off and the distance is set on "Short" it will beep, flash and vibrate the seats. If it gets annoying, just set the distance for "Short" and you will greatly minimize the alerts.

·
Registered
2019 CTS 3.6 Premium Luxury AWD V-Sport Trim
244 Posts
Mine is set to short with beep off. When it goes off I get the red screen on the windshield and the seat vibrates. Length has nothing to do with the warning.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I have it. Flashes and beeps. Here's the weird glitch...I can't turn on the seat alert instead of the beeps. I was just checking to see if anyone else had this problem but it doesn't seem like it.

·
Registered
'09 CTS AWD previously, '18 CTS AWD
356 Posts
I just got an '18 and the FCA has 3 distance settings. I haven't seen it come on yet, but the manual states

"When your vehicle approaches
another detected vehicle too rapidly,
the red FCA display will flash on the
windshield."

How fast is rapid? Has anyone had it come on? I haven't seen it come on...maybe I dont want to.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
I have the heads up display and it flashes red on it with a picture of 2 cars crashing. Everytime it does that I have a minor heart attack.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts

----------

the Safety Alert Seat is for all kinds of notifications and for all around the car....as the buyer and resident tech expert...i will have, on occasion, the opportunity to show things to customers when both the customer has a question AND the salesperson decides to ask me for assistance (which they're supposed to do when they get stumped) ....one of my favorite demonstrations is to have the customer start the car and put it in reverse, and i tell them not to let the car move and i will then walk closely all the way around the car in both directions...and the look on the customer's face is great when the Safety Alert Seats buzz and the proximity graphic in the instrument panel follows me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts