Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Deville
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 DeVille...A little background, I've had a PCM engine code on the past month. The same code that I've had before relating to the crankcase vacuum line, see here. Long story short, a couple days ago my DeVille died while idling, I had to keep on the gas while idling to keep from dying. When I got home I saw that the pcv line that runs through the manifold had come apart at the rubber elbow. I put it back together and all was well.

The next day, after the car had sat for about an hour, I tried starting it and I had to really keep the ignition turned to get it going. This morning, after sitting overnight, it was worse. I had to give it a good amount of gas to get it running. It doesn't sound like a typical clean start when the key is turned over. No engine light.

Probably unrelated is an off and on issue I've been having for about 6 months, where the power steering feels like its going out and coming back on, fluid is good. I only mention this for completeness.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,430 Posts
Hmm. "No engine light" would indicate no DTC's, but it would not hurt to check them anyway. Also would not hurt to check the fuel pressure, FPR and clean the TB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts