Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks:
Does anyine know where one can aquire a Cold Air kit for a 06 CTS/V? I just install and removed a Lingenfelter unit it bascially doesn't fit(went thru 2 kits from Lingenfelter) and its quality is disappointing(compared to the 05 - 06 GTO unit).....

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
I was just about to ask the same thing...there's a lot more out there for the 04-05...where's the love for the 06-07 Vs?

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
K&n ?

Edit - well I don't see one by K&N or Volant listed for beyond 05. What's the big difference between the LS6 and LS2 based cars for the intake, is it the TB size ?

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
281 Posts
yes LS2's have 90mm throttle bodies vs. 78mm for LS1 and LS6's. plus our cars are such low production, hard to get enough people to mod to recoup development costs. Plus the stock airbox is pretty efficient (and not enough room to reroute), believe it or not, some have made a home grown one if you search for it.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
More people need to get into the 06-07 Vs so that there will be a higher demand for mods. Maybe i should have saved a few bucks and not gone with the 2007 but a 2005 and been able to mod the hell out of it. Oh well

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Which parts didn't fit well on your Lingenfelter? I have one for my '04 V, and while I'm not 100% convinced it's better than the stock box, everything fits okay. The only problem I encountered was a snug fit on the air filter, but all I did was rotate it forward about 10 degrees and it's fine now.

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
158 Posts
quite honestly... I dont know why anyone even buys the lingenfelter kit for their V.

Any intake power gains are coming from an optimization of the stock intake plumbing, which has bends that resemble drainage piping, and the addition of a more free flowing filter element. Lingenfelter has a series of similar bends in their aftermarket intake piping which I will never understand for the sake of flow.

Just my 2 cents.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Actually, Lingenfelter reuses the stock intake plumbing, so there's no gain there. The only difference is the greater surface area of the cone filter, which helps throttle tip-in responsiveness and at high RPMs where the stock box might get a little choked.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
quite honestly... I dont know why anyone even buys the lingenfelter kit for their V.

Any intake power gains are coming from an optimization of the stock intake plumbing, which has bends that resemble drainage piping, and the addition of a more free flowing filter element. Lingenfelter has a series of similar bends in their aftermarket intake piping which I will never understand for the sake of flow.

Just my 2 cents.
Now that was one well informed post! :thepan:

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
158 Posts
Now that was one well informed post! :thepan:
lol. Im learned, I mean I'm learning.

I have owned my car for 2 days, I have just been browsing the forums for about a week or so.

My post was solely deduction, not regurgetation like lots of other people. I saw the intake piping and gathered that there couldnt be much, if any, gain from it. And my thoughts were correct, if not somewhat common knowledge to those more experienced.

So from everyone elses experience whats the most optimally designed intake for the V?

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
I am currently trying to build a intake tube like StealthV's. If you look at his web site he gets some gains by just changing the tube and putting a K&N in the stock box.

I have got all of the parts except for the 4" to 3.5" Silicone reducer elbow. There is one company that advertises these however they do not reply to emails and they do not send the parts when you order them. At least they refund your money but they are a key piece to this modification. I hate to bash companies but I would hate to see anyone on this forum get taken by them so the name of the company is Stealthwork.

I cannot find the part and I have tried at least 4 different companies and no one sells one of these unless you buy Qty 1000. I hope Rick reads these and feels kind enough to tell me were he got his or to sell me one if he has a couple kicking around.

Anyways, I agree with you on the comment about the airflow but with that being said your gains will be small from a modification like this but every pony counts to me!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Big Performance:
What's the Voliant part number, or do you sell it? I checked Voliant Web Site and they are 'stealthy' on the unit for the LS2 CTS/V....

·
Registered
~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
1,749 Posts
I heard that the Lingenfelter filter was Larger than the Volant filter.... Anyways, i have the Volant box (just useing the air tube only for now) I was thinking of putting the rest of the box on, but was wondering if the Lingenfelter filter would fit it.... Or if there is a larger reoplacement one available for the Volant kit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts