Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  PhletchSRX4 
#1 ·
I have been researching the plausibility of installing a cold air intake on my 1990 Allante. In doing so I looked pretty closely at the different intake designs of the different year Allantes. The 1987/88 models have an air intake that mounts over the top of the radiator. The 1989 through 1992 models have an air intake that is piped down to the area directly behind the driver's side headlight. The 1993 Nortstars have a much more elaborate piping that is routed down and around the headllight with ducting routed up to and in front of the radiator.

Ebay is a great place to see photos of the different year engine compartments.

I would love to see a comparison of the manifold temperature sensors of the three different types of air intakes. Obviously, ambient weather conditions would dramatically effect these readings. But, everything else being equal a comparison of these numbers might speak volumes to the practicality of cold air intake systems.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.