Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS
179 Posts
ctsboiha said:
I am in the market for a cai set up an was wondering your guys thoughts on them?
Volant fitment is hit & miss. Someone on the board is making a CAI, might wanna check into that.

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
659 Posts
josney said:
yeah, i have both of those. 3.2 and the volant
That Volant fit well and make any noticeable performance difference? I got the 3.2 as well and am looking at a CAI soon for it, as well as a 3.6 exhaust or V exhaust combo.
Any suggestions man?

·
Registered
2003 CTS
2,339 Posts
That Volant fit well and make any noticeable performance difference? I got the 3.2 as well and am looking at a CAI soon for it, as well as a 3.6 exhaust or V exhaust combo.
Any suggestions man?
honestly, i guess you can feel a slight difference. i am not a performance oriented guy and picked mine up for the hell of it. i got it from odetruth about a year ago. i didnt have any trouble with fitment and i am really thinking about going back to the stock set-up. you get a deeper, more throaty sound.

·
Registered
659 Posts
josney said:
honestly, i guess you can feel a slight difference. i am not a performance oriented guy and picked mine up for the hell of it. i got it from odetruth about a year ago. i didnt have any trouble with fitment and i am really thinking about going back to the stock set-up. you get a deeper, more throaty sound.
The stock gets a deeper, throatier sound? Or the Volant does?
Kinda figured it wasn't a huge difference but its interesting that you're considering going back to stock.

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
I have never seen a stock intake that sounds or performs better than a quality aftermarket intake. I have never heard the 3.2, so maybe that would be a first. But I would say go aftermarket. Better performance and better for the engine and fuel economy......but not if you are on the gas all the time lol.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Blayne said:
I have never seen a stock intake that sounds or performs better than a quality aftermarket intake. I have never heard the 3.2, so maybe that would be a first. But I would say go aftermarket. Better performance and better for the engine and fuel economy......but not if you are on the gas all the time lol.
3.2L is a real nice sounding engine even as stock in my opinion. I don't know why, I've heard a 3.5, 3.6, even a 4.2L V6 and a few V8 truck engines which have not sounded quite as good as my 3.2L. There's just something about it...

But I've never heard the Volant in it before. I'll have to try it eventually. First is a dual exhaust though. That's next on the list.

·
Registered
659 Posts
josney said:
i was speaking of the volant being deeper sounding, sorry for the confusion. i will probably swap it out today.
Ah okay. Hey would you be looking to sell it? Is it in decent condition?

·
Registered
2003 CTS Base and 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport Premium
550 Posts
Anyone of you looking for a Volant for 3.2L can send me a pm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts