Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Escalade
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking to upgrade my air filter, but I am not sure which route to go. A reuseable high flow air filter will run me about $70 and a gain of a possible 4hp, while the cold air setup from AFE will run about $300 and supposedly give a 25hp gain. I'm not so sure that number will be seen with just an air filter change. Anyone ran either of these setups and what are your suggestions/thoughts?

·
Registered
2004 escalade
30 Posts
i hear you get the best power gains from a K&N 77 series.... the 6.0 takes in so much air for its ridiculous displacement that this air intake gives you 15-20ish awhp and 10-15ish awtq.... this is just what ive heard after dyno tests from this product. i am running a K&N high flow air filter right now just to replace the stock one and after i put it in, it made all the difference in the world it seems

·
Registered
ESCALADE EXT
45 Posts
i just put in a 77 k&n filter. I haven't noticed any fuel difference, but the throttle responds a lot better especially getting up to speed on the freeway.

·
Registered
Escalade
155 Posts
On a big air thirsty motor like a 6.0 I bet you will see at the very least a 6-8HP gain from a real intake instead of the factory restricted one. I honestly think it would be more.

·
Registered
2003 ESV
326 Posts
Doesn't more air mean more fuel as well? To me that would mean worse MPG. But, maybe since you make more power, you won't press the gas as hard under normal usage. But, it's there when you want it.

Just random thoughts.

I have the K&N setup FWIW. Came with the rig...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts