Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i was wondering how much does the coil pack runs for on a 97 cadillac catera and also where could i find them your help would be greatly appreciated thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2001 Catera, and I just paid $159.00 each (one left, one right) for mine. I probably paid too much - I just let the mechanic purchase them for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
a coil pack form the dealer will run about $500 CDN. A coil pack from a parts suppliuer that I deal with was $300. Scrap yard quoted me $75 for one. there was not any available so i bought from the parts supplier.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this is gonna sound weird but try checking with a Saturn dealer and then cross referencing with Cadillac to see if coil pack numbers are the same. They should be. Both the Catera and the L-series with the 3.0 v6 have basically the same engine. And Saturn will probably be cheaper.

MADCAT

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes it weird and I wouldn't follow this advise. Go to www.brasington.com get their 1-800- number and buy anything for your Car genuene part. Coil pack by BOSH would cost you $198.00 and 2-3 days of shipping. But do not trust your dealler that it need to be replaced (or take old, replaced ones beck home and re-check yourself) take second opinion. Even I would say this: if your hands attached to the right place - do it yourself ! Do not let them screw-up. Chao,

·
Registered
442 Posts
this stock bosch coil pack is made out of paper.. or crap

no no.. i am familiar with ignition systems and i am going to modify this craptacular system to accomadate teh GM DIS coils instead... cadillac be damned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
gixxer_751