Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted previously about a/c - blower not blowing. Also horn not working, and am getting warning about suspension system. Anyways just retrieved the codes and here they are.

P022 (E022) .................................................. Open TPS Signal
P026) ......................................... Shorted Throttle Signal Switch
P052 (E052) ....................................................... PCM Memory Reset
P070 (E070) ................................................ Intermittent TPS Signal
R061 ................................................. SIR Indicator Circuit Failure
R062 ....................................... Redundant SIR Indicator Circuit Failure
I037 ...................................... Loss of Air Conditioning Programmer Data
I037 ...................................... Loss of Air Conditioning Programmer Data
I052 ....................................................... Keep Alive Memory Error

The car is a 94 Deville, I just got it yesterday. The car sat for at least 9 months if not 20 months. I had to put in a new battery just to get it started. The old battery did not even take a charge after 24 hours on charge. (BTW, I took the battery which was 3 years old to my shop, and there was ice in all of the cells, so I'm charging the battery again at room temp. I might be able to revive the battery that came with the car,:hmm: I hope.) With a good battery installed the car started on the 3rd try, very impressive to me considering how long it sat.
I have changed the oil & filter, washed my baby, installed a new head lamp, air filter and wiper blades. When topping off the cooling system I found there is a hole (crack) in the overflow reseivor. I will take this out over the holidays and either attempt a repair or replace. From the good advice that I've seen here on changing the anti-freeze and adding the tablets, I will flush and properly fill the cooling system once I get the over flow reseivor fixed.

Can anybody help me with these codes with perhaps some simple resets? Maybe I can get the blower and horn to work.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1998 Deville D'Elegance
133 Posts
I would clear all the codes and start over. I see 4 codes related to a loss of battery power and the computer may just be confused? Since OBD I doesn't distinguish between history and current (or does it?) there is not anyway of knowing if they are still present or were past problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... will reset the codes and go from there. Any help on resetting codes, or should I just search the forum?

Also in regards to the horn. Somebody drifted over into my lane while out doing some last minute shopping and by reflex I laid on the horn. Guess what, it works, probably the contacts might need cleaned as the car sat so long. The horn won't blow with a light touch, but when you lay on it, it works.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'v read over the list on the link you attatched. I never get the selection " CLEAR CODES" though. I'm going to keep trying though, and see if there isn't something that I'm missing

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
Enter the diagnostics OFF & WARMER buttons. After the codes are displayed you should see PCM?. Use the HI FAN button to answer yes, then use the LOW FAN button to answer no to the next prompts til you see CLEAR ALL PCM CODES?, answer yes.

I'm not sure about the '94 but I had an intermittent horn when I first bought my '97. Found out there was a TSB on it. It would fail in cold weather but work after the interior warmed up. Mine, fortunately was under warranty at the time, as the fix was to replace the air bag.

·
Registered
07 Black Raven CTS, 07 Gold Mist CTS
453 Posts
Sorry on the link, Bob'scaddy. I thought it was in the material. THX Ranger!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O.K. First of all thanks to all that have been responding to my post and helping me.

I got most of the codes to clear (thanks Ranger:) ) I have also tried a couple of times to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery, (removed negative terminal for 60 seconds or longer) but haven't tried yet since I got the PCM codes cleared. Still haven't gotten the heater blower operating yet. Am going to tinker with it in the morning. AAny additional thoughts and help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
86,785 Posts
No need to "reset the computer". Not even sure if that is a valid proceedure or if it does anything other than clearing codes.

Blower motors are known to go bad. They have even been redesigned. First check the connector. Some have reported fixing an inop blower by cleaning the contacts, bending the pins back into contact or replacing a burnt connector. Usually the blower itself is dead and needs replacing. I did a '97 Deville a year ago. The proceedure is in a thread in the archives. I am not sure how much different the 4.9 might be. You may have more room under the hood.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd hate to replace the blower motor if it's something that's not makeing it work. As you might recal from my previoius posts the car sat for at least 9 months (but I suspect it might have been 20 months, because the plates I removed had expired on May, 2004). The previous owner said the blower motor worked fine when he parked it. Should I check back after a day of drivine it and see if any codes come back regarding "loss of Air Conditioning Programmer Data" . Alko how about using a simple 12 volt tester and seeing if I'm getting any power to the blower motor. And aren't these blowers protected by fuese (that might blow) or relays that might quit. I'd hate to get a blower motor, mount the new unit and still not have fixed a simple problem.

·
Super Moderator
86,785 Posts
I tried the 12v tester. It doesn't work. The blower runs on something like .4v at low speed to .9 at high speed if I recall correctly. I think someone once posted the test proceedure from the FSM. You might try a search.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
o.k. seached for a previous post on the test proceedure and the Diagnosis is that the "blower motor is okay - testing of A/C programmer and A/C control panel is required." Any clues or next steps to test the programmer or control panel.

·
Super Moderator
86,785 Posts
You'll need a FSM for that. FWIW, when mine went bad all signs pointed to the ACM (programmer). I changed the blower motor and that was the problem. ACM's are pretty reliable, as opposed to the blowers. I only mention this because the ACM is more expensive than the blower so be sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts