Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1996 El Dorado
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to help tips on here i tryed all those things its said to get codes and stuff none of them worked at lease for me... i have a 1996 el dorado...

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,111 Posts
I think you use the OFF & PASSENGER WARMER buttons (if you have that configuration)

·
Registered
1996 El Dorado
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i have the passenger warmer buttons i held them for liek 2 mins.. i also hit them at the same time for a few moments nothing poped up :(

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,111 Posts
HMM, that is strange. You should simultaneously press and hold them and the DIC should light all segments as a test, then display the DTC's.

·
Registered
STS'97
49 Posts
If you have the analog instrument panel:
Press and hold the Climate Control Panel OFF and the Passenger Warmer (up arrow) for about 3 seconds (ignition must be ON). All of the lights on the cluster will light up then it will go through the OBD codes.
If you have the digital display IPC:
Press the OFF and Warmer(red) buttons on the Climate Control center until all of the IPC lights come on (again, ignition must be ON).

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,623 Posts
If you have the analog instrument panel:
Press and hold the Climate Control Panel OFF and the Passenger Warmer (up arrow) for about 3 seconds (ignition must be ON). All of the lights on the cluster will light up then it will go through the OBD codes.
If you have the digital display IPC:
Press the OFF and Warmer(red) buttons on the Climate Control center until all of the IPC lights come on (again, ignition must be ON).
Interesting how the FOUR THOUSAND page service manual neglects that you need to press the PASSENGER warmer button :want:

When I get home I'll try this out, i wonder how many bazillion codes ere in my 2000 convertible.

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,623 Posts
There were only three codes in it. P0335 and P0385 - crank sensors (both) and U1156?? data serial communication link "burp" ot glitch which hasn't recurred. There all gone now.

The 1995 Fleetwood manual does a LOT better job of telling you haw to work the display than the 2000 Eldorado manual. The Eldorado display is nicer - it lists out every code in sequench making it easier to write them all down, but man try to go back or clear one code - what a PITA.:thepan:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts